Mutual Funds

I guess thats right, but anyway I have few SIPs remaining. Maybe new SIPs will plan direct. Also, the amount invested are not that big for me, but I guess it will make a difference.

Plus many/most are ELSS, so cant switch so easily anyway...

If this tax passes through --- then there is also possibility of long term capital gain tax on equity. (it can not be ruled out)

I am hoping this dividend tax is implemented ... so people will slowly slowly realize that this government is more tax hungry then even Congress.

Just because some people are finding loopholes... this government is like " we will punish everyone."

Same happened with demonetization and black money.

Good to know. Recently I have started investing in Mutual Funds using Kuvera app. Need to see what Paytm offers.

Mutual fund investment should be done DIRECT not via any website.

Otherwise you lose 1 to 1.5% every year. (which go to those website / agents)

You may not notice difference now but after 20 yrs if your target was 1 crore rupees - you could have made 1.1-1.2 crore rupees had you invested in DIRECT plan. (i.e 10 to 20 lakhs extra)

A friend wanted to invest in Axis Mutual Funds (SIP), but it seems like it's mandatory to have an Axis bank account to do so, if we're doing it directly. He doesn't have an Axis bank account.

So it got me thinking if services like Paytm Money or Groww are reliable and trustworthy for investment in mutual funds for long term. I've read many negative reviews about Groww and it's better to stay away from it, but still learning about Paytm Money.

Would you guys recommend using mediators for investment?

You dont need Axis Bank Account to invest in Axis Bank MF. Whoever said so, is wrong. I have invested in the past using FundsIndia and KarvyMFs website

@Samuel @mhsabir , The best way is by getting a CAN number and then using karvy / cams. MF Utilities India - CAN Registration Forms. It has many advantages.

Quickly summarizing, there are direct plans, which will give approx 1% more return per annum, EVERY YEAR, over the regular plan (its called trailing commission). Most people like banks, stock broker companies, websites, agents etc are eager to get that.

You dont need Axis Bank Account to invest in Axis Bank MF. Whoever said so, is wrong. I have invested in the past using FundsIndia and KarvyMFs website

I know right? Imaan bech khaya hai bankers ne. I got my KYC done by signing up at Zerodha and currently I am using Coins to invest. Has been an okay experience so far. I can email a guy and he answers all the questions I have.

Source

NOTICE is hereby given that Franklin Templeton Trustee Services Private Limited has decided to wind up following schemes of Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund pursuant to the provisions of regulation 39(2)(a) of the SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996 (Mutual Fund Regulations).

• Franklin India Low Duration Fund (No. of Segregated Portfolios – 2)
• Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund (No. of Segregated Portfolios – 1)
• Franklin India Short Term Income Plan (No. of Segregated Portfolios – 3)
• Franklin India Credit Risk Fund (No. of Segregated Portfolios – 3)
• Franklin India Dynamic Accrual Fund (No. of Segregated Portfolios – 3)
• Franklin India Income Opportunities Fund (No. of Segregated Portfolios - 2)

There has been a dramatic and sustained fall in liquidity in certain segments of the corporate bonds market on account of the Covid-19 crisis and the resultant lock-down of the Indian economy which was necessary to address the same. At the same time, mutual funds, especially in the fixed income segment, are facing continuous and heightened redemptions.

The Trustees of Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund in India, after careful analysis and review of the recommendations submitted by Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited (the AMC), and in close consultation with the investment team, are of the considered opinion that an event has occurred, which requires these schemes to be wound up and that this is the only viable option to preserve value for unitholders and to enable an orderly and equitable exit for all investors in these unprecedented circumstances.

Individual emails are being dispatched to the unitholder(s) with respect to the above.

Pursuant to regulation 41(1) of the Mutual Fund Regulations, approval of the unitholders of the respective schemes will be sought separately.

We propose to seek such approval through electronic or other appropriate means as far as circumstances permit.

Pursuant to Regulation 40 of the SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996 on and from April 24, 2020 the Trustee and the AMC have:

(a) ceased to carry on any business activity in respect of the Schemes;
(b) ceased to create or cancel units in the Schemes;
(c) ceased to issue or redeem units in the Schemes.

The Trustee or the person(s) authorised by it will continue to realise and / or dispose-off the assets of the Schemes in the best interest of the Unit holder(s). The sale proceeds after discharge of all liabilities and expenses will be paid to the Unit holder(s) in proportion to their respective interests in the assets of Schemes.

It may be noted that a Unit holder whose name appears on the register of Unit holders at the close of business hours of April 24, 2020 shall be entitled to vote on the matter under regulation 41(1) as set forth above. If none of the Unitholder(s) participate, the Trustee or the person so authorized shall assume the authority to take steps for winding up of the Schemes.

Investors who have not registered their email id are requested to register their email id with us at the earliest.

For Franklin Templeton Trustee Services Private Limited
(Trustee to Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund)
Sd/-
Authorised Signatory
Date: April 23, 2020