Munna Bhai 3 Confirmed

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 585

IBF

Shitposter
‘I will make just one more Munna Bhai film’ - Pune Mirror -

He was planning to return to the marquee with Munna Bhai 3 this year when Sanjay, while on parole, started telling him his life story. For 25 days, Raju would drop in at the actor’s residence at 5 pm, after finishing with the editing of PK, and stay till 3 am listening to him. By the time Sanjay went back to jail, Hirani had 200 hours of recorded conversation with the actor, whose real life story was more interesting than the fictional tale they had conceived to bring him back to the screen. After getting permission from Sanjay to tell his story truthfully, without glorifying it, Raju asked his writer-partner Abhijat Joshi to fly down to Mumbai and together they started scripting the biopic.

“Now, while I am shooting this film, Abhijat is working on the script of Munna Bhai 3. Hopefully, by the time I’m done with the biopic, it’ll be ready and I can jump into it in the new year. It’s a great idea and in the same territory as the other two, but still just a half-worked idea,” he admits.

I remember watching the trailer of the movie Munna Bhai Chale Amrica that was never made because Dutt went to jail.

I dont think jail was the issue - as I think it never really kicked off way back in 2010 or even earlier - All they shot was the special promo teaser - Sort of like the Deadpool thing...

and they showed it at the end of second movie iirc. it was like... i just watched this and they are already done with the third one? who knew that the trailer would end up remaining just that. a trailer.