Mumbai Sim and Roaming in Maharashtra near Pune.... Data Edge use... suggestions required

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 26,690

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
Hi guys... going out of Mumbai near Pune and would need data usage (Edge).

I have mumbai sims of Vodafone prepaid... Airtel Prepaid and Tata Docomo prepaid.

Please suggest which plans would be the cheapest of these for roaming in and near Pune for only data use? 4 - 5 days and around 50 - 300 mb use only...

----------

have Mumbai sim airtel prepaid plan of 98/1GB/30 days active..... will that work there? or I will be charged roaming?

Well, your Airtel Rs.98 GPRS plan will work fine at Pune without any roaming charges. I don't know how is the quality of GPRS connectivity of both Airtel and Tata. As far as I know, except Vodafone and Idea, all other providers doesn't charge any roaming charges if you go to any place in Maharashtra (no idea about new players here like Aircel, MTS, Videocon, Uninor etc). Vodafone GPRS works just fine at Pune as I have visited Pune several times, and never faced any issue.In Vodafone, you need to activate a free addon called 'Roam like home-Mumbai Maharashtra' to get the benefits of home network if you roam in Maharashtra circle. I don't know why they don't activate this addon by default as it's free, no charges at all. I'm using this addon myself alongwith Vodafone GPRS as I have a Vodafone Mumbai number and i live in Ulhasnagar which comes in Maharashtra circle, and I get all home network benefits at my residence without any extra charges whatsoever.

MTNL sim I have but its for my home broadband and cant touch it.... every one will scream at me..... if I take that 😉so I think I just take my airtel sim with that gprs pack !!Thank you guys ! 🙂

It will work but if you want to save yourself some frustration, spend 99Rs and get the 200MB 3G pack activated.

It will work but if you want to save yourself some frustration, spend 99Rs and get the 200MB 3G pack activated.

AFAIK, Airtel doesn't have 3G service in Maharashtra circle. The only option for 3G in Maharashtra circle is BSNL, Tata Docomo, Idea and Vodafone (not available yet).

I have Voda and it works very well outside Mumbai... I normally use the same for data only and they don't charge extra

Oops !! All kind of suggestion given here. 😀Everyone is correct. You may go with any of the sim and each of them will be having similar service as in Mumbai but depends upon the signal strength in the area you will be residing .