Multiple Disconnections During Nu Period

• Thread starter Thread starter samdesilva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,404

samdesilva

ISP
MTNL
Hi all,I have a NU connection and had a query. Wanted to know that as per MTNL's instruction you need to switch off and on the modem after 12 and before 8. Lets says I switched off n on after 12, now at 1 again switched off and on the modem and then did the same again before 8, would my free usage be from 12 to 1 or would I get the benefit till 8. I am curious about the same as I keep downloading applications which need me to restart my system. Haven't yet tried the same. Thought of asking here before I do anything like this. Please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

why not download during the unlimited period and save the installation for day time? 🙂

You would get free usage till 8 AM no matter how many times you reboot the modem between 12 AM and 8 AM. By the way, to install software you'd have to reboot the computer only, not the modem, so your session remains intact anyway.

^until and unless u're using the bridge mode...though no. of restarts won't matter in any way in ur unlimited downloads between 12-8 am...

Thanks a lot guys. I am using bridge mode and as i understand the number of disconnections in the NU period wont effect my free download. Is it that the last time I disconnect and reconnect my connection before 8.00 am, from that time onwards my download would be counted, because I have read that even though people have forgot to disconnect they haven't been charged for the entire free period, have been charged only after 8.00.