• Thread starter Thread starter St0le
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,348

St0le

The Funny One
ISP
MTNL
hey i was wondering if any1 plays games..on the mtnl network...if u do i would love to join...i have very boring system...128Mb (no idea how to spell graphicx card)plz mention the game and your hostname(no-ip.com type servce)and also the ports i will require to open!Pm me the details! or post it if u want more players to join!games on mtnl is free right??thank u!

What games do you have? Though I doubt it will really work . Is a 256k connection enough to host a multiplayer game? I don't think so. Tried Medal of Honor once; three of us, two on Triband 256k and one on Sify fakeband and the game lagged as hell...As for games being free on mtnl...well...they will surely count the data downloaded by the game but aside from that I dont think there will be or can be any charges!

I got COD2 on mtnl, get 400kbps upload..Can give it a shot..but won't be any fun without lotsa players......Does anyone knows any COD2 server in India, with people actually in it?I get about 260-280ms to US servers..little slow..

Originally posted by muttster`@Dec 19 2005, 01:55 AM
I got COD2 on mtnl, get 400kbps upload

i dont understand. is mtnl providing lan??? is mtnl also providing games on lan?? plz explain muttster and st00le. thanx.

Originally posted by nocaps@Dec 18 2005, 11:34 PM
As for games being free on mtnl...well...they will surely count the data downloaded by the game but aside from that I dont think there will be or can be any charges!
[snapback]36316[/snapback]
[/quote]

i dont get it?? explain to me Dude

i tried a tracert to a neighbouring pc...it goes to the x.x.x.254 (end of gateway)
then to the target...but it never goes to dns servers! does that mean i still get billed???

obviously if u play games with sify ppl u will get billed...but what if we are on the same network?

i doubt COD2 will run on 128MB man! stop making fun of me! 😉

yohu123 , i hope thats an honest speeling mistake! 😉
well mtl does not have LAn exactly, but since we can coanfigure routers to open ports we can play multi player games!

One thing people. Hosting a game does not depent on ur speeds, it depends on the ping that u get on the person hosting the game. I have successfully hosted games online using my 256kbps BSNL connection.Try a software called Hamachi, it allows u to create a network with ur friends. Then u can play games online as u play in case of a LAN.

playin games on hosted server doesnt require speed , but hosting games does require speeds(above 192kbps prefebaly for 4-5 players) coz if there are lot of players then connection will start chokin and resultin in a high ping .