Mukesh Ambani Broadband Co 4G Test

• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 15,669
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thats great!!Do check out & please post ur experience over here!! I am very much interested to know this!!

Hey thats great!!
Do check out & please post ur experience over here!! I am very much interested to know this!!

Which device supports 4G?
I think its iPhone4G only.... And I don't have that 😛

No but i think, whatever it is, if they are testing, they must be giving some devices to use at the spot right??

They cant ignore Testers from the General public!! After all, once its launched, its the public response that will matter.......

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

@ Saurabh
PS: Hey btw, i had asked u about ur ISP.....ur speed is superb!!

Which device supports 4G?
I think its iPhone4G only.... And I don't have that 😛

HTC Evo 4G

The HTC Evo 4G (trademarked in capitals as EVO 4G) is a smartphone developed by HTC Corporation and marketed as Sprint's flagship Android smartphone, running on its WiMAX network, which is currently a non-standardized platform. The smartphone launched on June 4, 2010.
HTC Evo 4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

from what i see 4G is not as clearly defined as 3G.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

HTC makes three so called 4G devices:

T-Mobile G2
Sprint Evo 4G
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G

and they are set to launch another one on january 6 rumored for verizon's 4g network in usa.

samsung too has a 4g model: Samsung Epic 4G again for Sprint networks.

these phones are compatible with only one specific network so they are not really going to work everywhere (on the so called 4G networks 😀)

Yes, 4G is not yet officially recognised. Variour specifications are tried, and there could be some announcement after '4G' is officially accepted as standard for Mobile communication. (and our govt could start new auction for it 🙂)

What exactly is 4G....

The WiMAX 2.0 as demoed by Samsung recently boasts of the Same Specs as LTE...

LTE is being deployed slowly and I guess Qualcomm are expected to Deploy their LTE networks around Q2 of next year..While the new generation WiMAX will be deployed only around Q3-Q4 of 2011..

Aircell...one of the other operator to Win the BWA has decided to wait and see which works better..

Reliance Infotel to Bring Out a Rs. 8,000 tablet? > News on Tablets PCs & Laptops > Tech2.com India

Gotta be interesting as to see which operator depolys which system for their BWA...

We can only hope Infotel comes with something interesting soon

desh-ko-bech-daalo seriously.
Given that we've lost over $460b since 47', we would if we could [sell] it, that is. Let's face it, India has far bigger problems and issues than to worry about high-speed internet. At one point though, one can't even blame the government. India would be a much better country to live in if the national past-time wasn't "Let's impregnate my wife".

i still do not understand why people keep on praising reliance for the mobile revolution they gave us.

ok. they launched some phone devices really cheap. and their initial plans were rather amazing for that time.

but they also lowered the standard of quality of services we expected from mobile service providers.

let me get some facts right for you. At the time Reliance CDMA was launched, no Mobile operator (including Airtel and Hutch) was offering customer support to prepaid customers through a call center. I still remember visiting connaught place showroom of Airtel to straighten the matters with my Airtel prepaid connection, which was called Airtel magic at that time. Reliance had a call center offering voice support by decently trained support staff from the day they launched their services and Airtel, Hutch etc. followed reliance by offering customer support by phone for prepaid customers for the first time. It is another matter that with ADA taking over RCOM, the quality of service went down. But service quality is not much worse when compared with say Airtel or Vodafone.

Further not only the initial plans of Reliance were amazing but their price plans have been much better than the other operators even today. Even with rather sub-standard customer support staff, Reliance is still offering lowest tariffs and have forced all operators (including craptel and khotafone) to fall in line and offer similar lower tariffs and that is a big positive from the POV of customers like myself.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

IMO, it was Airtel with their lifetime-prepaid offer. TATA DOCOMO has also played a major role in cutting prices. 1p/sec is cool! 1p/2sec is even more cooler which is what I'm enjoying right now!

Lifetime prepaid plans were offered by Tata Indicom first.

Airtel was the last major company to offer prepaid lifetime plans. As late as 2009 november, only prepaid lifetime plan from Airtel had local call tariff of Rs1/minute, when all other operators were offering 1paise per sec or 50 paise per minute.

if they have worked fine for you. thats great. for me reliance has been nothing but pain in the ass to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.