• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,120
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
MTS
Dear Internet User Fellows,
I am an internet user since dial up days (1999). Over all these years, i used many ISP ranging from Dial up days to current DSL days. I have used services of Airtel, Vodaphone, Aircel, Reliance, BSNL, Sify, Tata Indicom to name a few. In my entire life i have not seen such bad, erratic and unstable connectivity. I am using it for just a month and 1/2 but i am through. They had promised minimum 2.5 MBPS speed but it hardly comes to more than 1 MPBS. Most of times, its lesser than 1 MBPS. I stay in one of the most prominent areas of chennai which is Anna Nagar, Shanthi Colony and there is no signal problem for any ISP or mobile network in this area.

I raised a problem ticket which was attended only after my few reminders and 5 days and then closed in a day.
I got a message that your problem has been resolved but actually it's not.

MTS is surely living in dark age of internet. They don't deserve a single customer. 999 for such pathetic connection? No way.

Please think 10 times before buying MTS.

With Regards
Atul

what is your review about reliance netconnect+ ?

Hi I used Bsnl EVDO in Besant Nagar in 2011 for 3-4 months. It was the best days of my internet life. For Rs. 750 I used super speeds unlimited internet in my house. But evdo does not have any roaming and the joy was short lived when I moved to Gurgaon.
I suggest you go for EVDO only after you test it.
EVDO gave me speed above 150 kbps

MTS --- WORST SERVICE EVER SEEN.
1) when u call the call center and ask them what is the speed they provide. they will answer, hispeed. and when you ask them what is hi-speed. they will say Hi Speed. there is no speed promised. Even on the website, no minimum or maximum speed has been mentioned.
2) i stay in Rajouri garden, New Delhi and i get a speed of 18-74kbps which is slower than 2G. when called the call center, they say this is high usage area. Infact they dont know where in Delhi they can give Real 3G speed. unable to understand, if any area has high utlization, then why selling the dongle without informing.
3) the maximum or minimum trouble shoot for the Speed issue is Cleaning Temp files in system.. 🙂) someone tell them, why cleaning my temp file for increasing 3G speed..

guys i will never recomend you buy MTS. better get a 2G simcard. and i can assure you, you will get better speed than MTS.

That's the thing with wireless broadband. It is very difficult to judge performance. Always get a demo before buying.

Anyway, what's the model number of your dongle? Might be able to get it unlocked and use reliance and tata.

Status
Not open for further replies.