MTNL's schemes

Anand_Sharma

Regular
i got a new frm one of da reliable source ...that MTNL will start charging Rs.1400 per month instead Rs.700 in plan B n vice versa for plan A for Dial up so that they can attract dial up ppls for BroadBand ....now many users will think that instead of paying 1.4k for dial up Broadband is better ...well i am not sure its going up or not but if its happend than it is not good practice coz already they suckz a lot ...

if they r increasing the prices of dialup than that is badbut MTNL do not suck. There r some prob with the server of mtnl but they r providing the best bb service in india

best bb service? hahahahaha you cant even have your peace of mind running around to make sure that you have the correct download in the correct time. Its strange how people evaluate what is best in pathetic conditions

you know hiking the price of dial up does give a hint that they would be coming out with better schemes 😀... hehehe. hopefully unlimited... waiting for it ..well dial-up of thiers was rock solid.. loved it until i got NU.. hehe...well.. why you cribbing so much yogi?? you do know when pacenet was started they didnt come out with an unlimted plan? sheesh it wasnt even 128kbps man!!!! some 64 kbps shit..and if i remember correctly they also had a limit cause it was in my area but didnt take it cause of the donwloading jhanjhat.. ... mtnl is way better with the minimum being 256 kbps 😛.... and well no other isp had a 256 kbps plan for less then 1000 rs until mtnl introduced it.. whatever the download limit... the biggest adv of mtnl is that BB is on telephone lines.. and well pacenet definately wouild not be able to match mtnl`s triband (phone-internet-tv)option in anyway.. so well dude .we`ll wait and watch.. until then you live in your castles in the sky man 😛 ....

very trueThere was no other ISP with Stable 256 below 256n mtnl is available in almost in all part of mumbai n delhi.where as pacenet n other isp r not.N they were the first isp to introduce u/l plan though it had limit 12 to8 ka but at least i get 1cd of data every day.n as waterloo_sunset said they will be comin with u/l plan.so chill man.im happy with mtnl

As for ppl who think the 12-8 limit is torture bsnl gives free dwnld between 2:30-8 😱.I dont what crazy mind thouht of such a plan 😛

Never had a problem with MTNL with billing, uptime or reliability cant understand how it sucks...infact compared with other "so called ISP's" existing in India, its quite good..only prob is the download limit which i hope they will remove in the near future

But it all boils down to the download limit, right? The service can be perfect, it can be reliable and it can give the advertised speed. But in the end, what do you look for? And speaking of even allowing unlimited downloads, why does mtnl have to give it at night? do you think its because mtnl cannot handle the bandwidth during the day? that's not true. Maybe you can stay awake all night long, I cant. This is how it is in everything else. The bombay international airport is a classic example. All over the world, flights are banned between 10pm-6am if the airports are close to residential areas. But here, they go out of the way to meet these bans abroad, and let the planes fly all night long. Does anyone mind? No , we dont, because we are like this only...we are used to being abused 🙂🙂🙂 Health is not as important as making money is 🙂@chicmagnet ---I dont have any use for speed which may even be 1Mbps (1000kbps) as long as there is a limit. What is the purpose of broadband with limits on it ? you exist in a very strange paradox, but as long as you are happy with it, that's most important, right? 🙂

nah i dont exist in a paradox... for me its pretty simple.. no other isp in my area... only mtnl.. and so why wouldnt i take mtnl night plan..and well if an unlimited 256kbps internet connection is the first one you have got then well i`m very happy for you...... but then it all boils down to profit making aint it? i had seen all the pacenet and hathway tariffs and plans .. and they are pretty similar to what mtnl offers now .. they have have been in the business for quite some time but only now are these isp`s comng up with 256 kbps internet connection..you have to first recover the money you put in .. and then thnk of expanding. and that`s basic mgmt strategy.. so you wanna crib about mtnl for its download limits. when not too long ago pacenet did the same thing .. and even hathway and sify ...

Originally posted by yogi@Sep 29 2005, 01:30 PM
And speaking of even allowing unlimited downloads, why does mtnl have to give it at night? do you think its because mtnl cannot handle the bandwidth during the day? that's not true.
Maybe you can stay awake all night long, I cant.

You don't have to stay awake at all..... schedule your downloads to start at 12:30 and end at 7:30.

Shcedule your router to reboot at 5 mins before and after this time interval... and you are all set.

You can download roughtly 15 GB data in a month.

And all this + router rental is just USD 15..... definetly not a bad price.

With Airtel coming up with 256 Kbps unlimited service, hopefully MTNL will follow suite.

Youe point about service is definetly true.... MTNL sucks in that area ( I had to visit MTNL office 4 times to get DSL connection ) God forbid if line goes down or a billing issue comes up that will meen those visits again.......

Originally posted by netfreak@Sep 29 2005, 04:17 PM
You don't have to stay awake at all..... schedule your downloads to start at 12:30 and end at 7:30.

Shcedule your router to reboot at 5 mins before and after this time interval... and you are all set.
[snapback]26645[/snapback]
[/quote]
How do you shedule your router to reboot?