• Thread starter Thread starter Chinmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,672

Chinmay

Fivenet Lover
ISP
Fivenet+ Hathway
Good news for all Broadband subscribers!
MTNL is planning to launch Wimax services for its suscribers in Mumbai, Navi- Mumbai and Thane- Mira Bhayandar.
MTNL has invited to submit bids for future wimax operations in mumbai.
Have a look!
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/news/eoi_wimax.pdf

So following footsteps of BSNL EVDO, MTNL Wimax is coming to mumbai, Hurray!!:yahoo:

Thanks for the info buddy..its of course a good news..Hope they launch it in Delhi too🙂

i think its for the first time when MTNL mumbai has stepped in before MTNL delhi has, otherwise Delhites r more benefitted comapred to Mumbaikars.So HUM BHI KISISE KAM NAHI!!:dance:

E O I
FOR
DEPLOYMENT OF Wi-MAX 802.16e
ON REVENUE SHARING BASIS

This line on the First page of the link provided shows that
the operations will be based on "REVENUE SHARING" basis
meaning somethings on the lines of what the BMC had proposed
Private operators set up the towers and stuff,they get revenue by Advt etc,
and BMC allows them to do it thus making it the first Wi-FI city in India

But Didn't that proposal get shot down on security grounds
coz some idiot forgot to password protect his wifi router access????

Hopefully MTNL Mumbai will keep TriBand prices high at the current levels and
introduce dirt cheaper Wi-Max access :thumbsup:

woww MTNL jindabaad :dance::dance::dance::dance:When it gonna to launch in MTNL New Delhi want to be first subcriber in my area for MTNL WiMax i am MTNL fan got two Landline connection :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup::thumbsup:😛

yup skorpio... i also read somewhere that the WiMax plan went into hurdles owing to security risk.... recent eg Mumbai Threatening Email kand-Haywood(now absconding)...

no its safer as compared to Wi-Fi, Some people think Wi-MAX is another name for Wi-Fi, but both r miles apart.I've used Reliance Wimax in d past but never enjoyed it, so I m sticked to MTNL BB. Things like WIMAX r still under beta testing, hope they'll sort out all technical issues and introduce in d form rock-solid internet connection like MTNL Broadband.With wimax, speeds r possible >24 MBPS which is d deadline for ADSL2+ technology.

why didnt u enjoy it and what was the cost structure

no its safer as compared to Wi-Fi, Some people think Wi-MAX is another name for Wi-Fi, but both r miles apart.
I've used Reliance Wimax in d past but never enjoyed it, so I m sticked to MTNL BB. Things like WIMAX r still under beta testing, hope they'll sort out all technical issues and introduce in d form rock-solid internet connection like MTNL Broadband.
With wimax, speeds r possible >24 MBPS which is d deadline for ADSL2+ technology.

Intel is really lobbying hard to make India go WiMax.If Mtnl is able to provide even the exact same plans as its broadband plans there are definitely a lot of buyers ready.Its a known fact that Mtnl is facing problems increasing its subscriber base in Mumbai at least.People are being told to wait for 3-4 Months to get a new connection.

well mtnl mumbai rocks ...........lets just hope they implement it faster.Otherwise they will 2 years to implement it and delhi will take the lead. ....lolWell not even so happy. .... lets see the tariff plans first.

I'm pretty sure I know who who is involved in building this: it's my understanding that there are supposed to be 1,200 base stations going in around the city [Mumbai], and the service is meant to be fully mobile (as in, usable on the move).I don't know about MTNL's pricing, but if I'm correctly informed, our prices should be pretty good. I look forward to some reviews 😉