MTNL WIFI router and the galaxy S2

• Thread starter Thread starter Gunner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,117

Gunner

ISP
MTNL
I have got this DNA-212 router from mtnl, which is working perfectly fine with both my laptops but when I try to connect my phone, it shows connected, but there is no data exchange, or simply the websites doesnt open, I tried out Wifi everywhere else, worked perfectly, Is there anything that can be tweaked in the router settings for this to work?

@Gunner, Are you using MAC filter with your router?

that's what i was going to write but then i thought that if he was, the phone would not connect to the wireless network right?

one thing worth trying... change the encryption type. disable it for testing. see if it works with unencrypted wi-fi...

@Gunner, Do you use DHCP or a bridged mode. Better thing would be to post screenshots of your modem....

@ krish_88 Where exactly do I check that? and What part of the settings screenshot should I post?

Where do I check that krish? and Which part of the settings screenshots should I post

@Gunner, Post the Status of your Wireless Router, Which shows how your modem is connected. What i wanted to ask you is, Whether you use any dialer to connect?Post the "WAN setup" page screenshot as well as Device Info

@Gunner, Post the Status of your Wireless Router, Which shows how your modem is connected. What i wanted to ask you is, Whether you use any dialer to connect?

Post the "WAN setup" page screenshot as well as Device Info
No, I dont use any dialer to connect to MTNL

Here is a screenshot of the WAN Setup

http://i54.tinypic.com/33kt5pj.jpg

I dont use a dialer, here is the screen shot http : //oi54.tinypic.com/33kt5pj.jpghaving problems posting direct links to images, since it needs to be approved by mods

Kindly, do a cross check over the Key(pass) which you have entered in your mobile for providing wi-fi access. Kindly, mention your Mobile Phone Brand name and Model No...