MTNL wifi modem signal suddenly dropped

Jimmynagi

Hola,
I am having one problem with my mtnl wifi modem may be you smart techie guys can help me out, 3days ago i got new mtnl broadband connection installed and till this morning signals from my wifi modem was on peak but suddenly it dropped to half and earlier where i was getting full signals now get less then half of it, I dont know if it is modem hardware problem or settings, although modem is brand new, and this is happening with my every device (phone, pc, tab) ,
i will appreciate your help.. Peace

Mr.cool

try to change the location of your wifi modem
and change the direction of wifi modem antennas .

Jimmynagi

Thanks for your comment mr.cool.....
i had Already did that several times... if i take my mobile or laptop near to modem then it shows full signals and if i move 2 steps away from it then from mobile it will disconnect(no signal) and with laptop only 2 or 1 signal bar... and if i move 5 steps away then signal goes totally from laptop also...

Mr.cool

Normally mobile uses low kind of wifi antennas to grab wifi signal. I also never get full wifi signal in my mobile.
Btw is there any kind of obstruction between computer and wifi modem like wall ?
when i had mtnl wifi modem i used to get three point signal in my laptop as wifi modem was in another room and there was a wall between.

Jimmynagi

Yes i have a wall in between, i am in another room and modem is in another, but in that room i was getting 4 points signals earlier when they installed my connection, it ran smooth until now, But suddenly now i receive not even 1 point in that same room...
what are channels? are you talking about WEP, WPA?