Mtnl Voip Sip

• Thread starter Thread starter sibot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,170

sibot

ISP
MTNL
Hey all,I have a MTNL connection in Delhi, I have subscribed to some VOIP service, which provides me SIP support. I wanted to know which is the cheapest/reliable router I can get that supports SIP? Is anyone using SIP?, if so how is it working?Any extra things I need to keep in mind? I already have a cordless set that supports SIP. Regards,Sibot

router.. the one given by mtnl works ok... (or are u asking about one you can buy yourself??)some of us here are using sip on mtnl connections (including me). experience- no major problems faced except once or twice when the the ports were being blocked by mtnl (or the company from which mtnl buys its bandwidth)other than that it works fine.. just make sure you are on an unlimited connection or you would only be able to make calls at night (a sip call will use 50-100 mB/hr depending on the codec being used)

Yeah, I have a steady SIP service with a 256K ultd. plan, what i wanted to know was which good and cheap SIP enabled routers can i get? Would it be better to get MTNL SIP router or get one of my own? My VOIP provider is NOT mtnl.

MTNL doesnt provide any SIP enabled router..they just provide plain modem/routers and wireless routers. Recently they have launched their VoIP service and have started offering a customised Linksys pap2 adapter on a rental basis with some upfront charges

go to ebay.in and search voip or sipura also u cud get them directly from Nehru Place. Wud recommend pap2 or spa2102(with built in router and qos)

@narend Which VOIP provider you have opted for ?What is the model and make of your VOIP unit.Which is the modem/router supplied by your ISP ?I am using Vonage unit with adsl modem Betel 110Bx1 without sip option.Just enter VOIP in SEARCH box above for old threads.