MTNL VDSL Installation queries

Sync speeds back to 30mbps downstream and 6mbps upstream. I want them to reduce it further to 20mbps downstream.

mine is 19 down and 2 up. i now have to wait for 2 secs every min or two for buffering on sites except utube. 😕

kickass said:
just get a normal wireless router and connect it to the vdsl router. its too much hassle getting a vdsl router. u won't get it that easily.
I have an ADSL2+ wireless router. How can I connect my ADSL router to a wired VDSL one which MTNL provides? Aren't ADSL and VDSL different? Or should I just connect them both via a LAN cable and it would work, giving me wireless connectivity?

kickass said:
vdsl is pretty new and they are not experienced in dealing with thsi stuff. if it works nicely in the first attempt then u will be saved the hassle of going there a dozen times. esle u will have to keep following up with them. it shud be stable eventually. hopefully they have learnt something from us !! lol
the best part is decent pings and 0 downtime whatsoever.
Hi Kickass,
I had applied for VDSL connection two weeks back and since then having tough time. I am facing a weird problem, I can surf the internet but can't download. Download starts and stops between 0.5 Mb to 2 Mb. MTNL guys are not yet successful in solving the problem. In between I played with modem setting and was successfully but after some 30 mins the same problem arise.
What were the issues you were facing? Can you share your modem setting (mine is ARGT-1000)?

in the 1st one the vlan is 2891. In the last one SRA is disabled. it is a old screenshot
my only issue was very low upload speed and frequent disconnection on a diff modem.
as of now i get a timeout on gmail/google every now n then. everything esle is fine. sanke1 gets timeouts on random sites.
post your stats . how far are you frm the exchange.?

kickass said:
in the 1st one the vlan is 2891. In the last one SRA is disabled. it is a old screenshot
my only issue was very low upload speed and frequent disconnection on a diff modem.
as of now i get a timeout on gmail/google every now n then. everything esle is fine. sanke1 gets timeouts on random sites.
My place less than 200m from the exchange. I post the stats by tonight.

kickass said:
Screenshots

Hi,
I am MTNL ADSL user in mumbai wanting to convert into VDSL. I went to telephone exchange and there was already another guy who was fighting since they were short of routers and he hadnt got it since a month of application. Looking at this i feel its better I purchase VDSL router myself. Can anyone tell me what modem company/specifications can be used for VDSL? Appreciate your help !

petfrog said:
I have an ADSL2+ wireless router. How can I connect my ADSL router to a wired VDSL one which MTNL provides? Aren't ADSL and VDSL different? Or should I just connect them both via a LAN cable and it would work, giving me wireless connectivity?
I have Belkin N300 wirelss router. Will this router work with VDSL connection or should I go for the one provided by MTNL.

At the moment, no VDSL modems are readily available anywhere in India. Best to go with MTNL one.
I barely managed to import a ZTE H368N from Hongkong but that wifi cum modem has issues of it's own. I cannot put it into bridge mode and it's gigabit ports are unstable as they drop LAN link rates from 1000 Mbps to 100 Mbps at random.
You will have to wait it out till dust settles and VDSL modems are freely available.
I also had my eyes on Asus DSL-N66U which is their first VDSL modem cum wifi. But it is in short supply all over the world. I won't bother now as I have given application for 8Mbps ADSL.

Actually, my CELLPipe (MNTL-supplied) VDSL modem has a WiFi option - however, it's turned off and we are using a Sonicwall WiFi point.