Mtnl Unltd Connections?

indianarchie

Regular
ISP
MTNL Xpress Non-combo 650 Unltd.
Now that BSNL has started offering unlimited downloads, does anybody know if MTNL is coming up with a similar offer? I am eagerly waiting for this, as i usually have to stay up till late night to download stuff on my NU plan. If it were to come up with unltd plan, what would be the price range?

MTNL did come out with an unltd offer but it was on trial basis. I think it ended on 31st may.Its always wise to search old topics before starting a fresh one.

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Jun 10 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]53706[/snapback]
MTNL did come out with an unltd offer but it was on trial basis. I think it ended on 31st may.

Its always wise to search old topics before starting a fresh one.
[/b]

Unlimited offer? Are you kidding?

There have been no ads at all about the unlimited offer. I guess you might be referring to Delhi MTNL, which surprisingly has begun offering unlimited surfing @ 256 Kbps.

For the others, I guess we could only wait since MTNL would soon bow down to market forces, since Sify and Tata Indicom Broadband have commenced unlimited surfing between Rs. 1100 to Rs. 1300 + applicable service tax. Yep in Mumbai.

At this moment, it's indeed frustrating to wait for night 12 AM especially if the 1 GB limit is crossed.

Wanted to clarify that I was referring to MTNL Mumbai. And I wasnt aware that MTNL delhi does offer unltd surfing!!! Sify and Indicom have unltd plans??? Where are the ads..I havent seen a single one yet! The only ad I saw was a small banner in today's paper, for BSNL. Are the ISP's going slow on Unltd plans, going by their lack of publicity?

dude, i too have been waiting eagerly for unlimited plans from MTNL but I think they wont start so soon unless someone really kickstarts the price wars. I was hoping it would be MTNL which would do it but it hasn't materialized yet! Reliance is stupid while Airtel is SOOO sluggish in deploying their networks. I have been looking at those fibre optic cables outside my gate for such a long time. All they need to do is wire up the building thats all! :/ Stupid private players.Anyone from Mumbai knows a better ISP??

first of all, the MTNL 256 kbps unlimited is still available @ Rs. 1399/-...it's open till June 30, 2006...and yeah, it's not available in mumbai, at least not on their site...so i think we should wait a while and MTNL would come up with a better offer than every other ISP in both Delhi and Mumbai...enjoy!!!

no unlimited for mumbai mtnl ... it was for delhi users only (registr accepetd only before 31st may)..... now its closed . charged was something like 1400 or 1500 RS

QUOTE(OnlyFun @ Jun 10 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]53709[/snapback]
For the others, I guess we could only wait since MTNL would soon bow down to market forces, since Sify and Tata Indicom Broadband have commenced unlimited surfing between Rs. 1100 to Rs. 1300 + applicable service tax. Yep in Mumbai.

At this moment, it's indeed frustrating to wait for night 12 AM especially if the 1 GB limit is crossed.
[/b]

I used Sify for a year and a half before switching to MTNL. Even if they have come out with an unlimited offer, they're not particularly trustworthy. Their terms and conditions state that they're free to change your plan without informing you, and also change the conditions related to your plan.

Cases in point:

1. I had the 'unlimited hour plan' for a specific amount, and Sify changed it to an unlimited download, limited hours plan without informing me. I was consequently charged extra for the extra hours, though which was eventually waived as a 'gesture in good faith'..the b***ards. I switched to the more expensive unlimited download plan.
2. Sify then changed the unlimited plan..calling it 'family pack' (sic) instead of 'unlimited' and imposed a limit of 150mb/day (but unlimited at night) , for which I was docked several days because I exceeded that limit, not knowning that it had been imposed.

So, there's bound to be a caveat involved whenever Sify's offering a plan. You never know when they'll change it, and not even inform you about the change...the unscrupulous b***ards.