MTNL Unlimited Plan Question

• Thread starter Thread starter ripesoul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,686

ripesoul

ISP
MTNL Triband
I have migrated to the mtnl DSL unlimited 1599 plan from the NU849 plan.On the mtnl website it states the account created on 1 Jun 10.When i go to the usage page it shows me that i have used close to 80GB already.When i use to have the NU plan .. I could not see my usage during the free hours.My question is ...is it normal to see your entire usage on the mtnl site?If yes, does mtnl use this data against you?Its got me a little worried

Rofl dud i understand your state of mind 😛Be calm and there is no need to panic.Since plan was changed from 1 june if the usage is 80gb++ from 1 june then u have nothing to worry since it's unlimited.Besides if for previous entries i guess usage was In Nu free time I suppose :xDSo either way u are secure.Khol ke download kar dude haha Time will come when u get bored of this unlimited shit and wish more Speed haha:thumb:

Yes it shud be ok, even my case it keeps on increasing but i dont get charged (320kbps unltd plan from 3 months now)

MTNL unlimited means unlimited no need to worry,those data is just for info so if you wana check the use,you can do it

On the15th of this month I asked MTNL to shift me to the Unlmited 599 plan which gives 512kbps, before that I was n DSL 598 which gives 2.5GB limit per month. I told them on the 15th thinking they would do it on the 1st of next month but I was told they would do it 2 days and they did just that.
Today I find I am on the DSL_Unltd_599 plan so far so good. The shocker is I have consumed about 1463MB so far as per the session page so there should be about 1000+MB left but today I find the ‘Monthly Balance Usage’ shows only 12MB. Over night what happened to all the remaining balance I should be having from my old plan. The ‘View Services’ shown I am on DSL_UNLTD_599 & I even received an email to that extent.
What should I do? For from the 13th of this month they have not recorded the usage correctly, even taking this into a/c I have not consumed as I watch thru DU meter & record everything in an excel sheet.!!!!!!!!! Looks like I should stop using broadband for the rest of the month AND get ready for a fat bill. Any suggestions.

Typically, MTNL plans are changed on the first of the month. Surprising that they changed yours mid-month. Anywaysm you have 2 options. First, control yourself till the beginning of next month before going all out. Second option is if you have the time and patience with the babus@MTNL. Use as if it is an unlimited plan, and If you get an inflated bill next month, take a printout of that email and go and meet the accounts guys or the DO. Tell them; if you are lucky, they will get some aunty to get a detailed printout of your usage and them you can crosscheck and get the problem resolved. However, the problem is that there is most often a discrepancy between the logs you see online and the printouts they give you. So, you will not have to pay for the entire bill, but yes, definitely for some of it. Best option for you is to wait till next month or at least for another 3-4 days before going berserk 🙂BTW, I have dealt with them for my NU problems a couple of years back, that is why I know about their logs/printouts