Mtnl Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,155
Yes, MTNL is good but only in comparison to other crap that we have here in india.As they in Hindi " Andhon Main Kaana Raja " 😉

Well in our area down in south we have BSNL, Airtel and sify.I use both BSNL and Airtel.I am happy with both.Airtel connetivity is good and stable (same with BSNL). When it comes to sify, the speed is not constant and also it is not broadband. Charges are high that is what my friend who threw it away and came to BSNL says.

So finally, its better to stick with kaana raja, instead of going for an andha !!! 😀

hi members booked a connection on last tuesday usually how many days do they take to install it here in mumbai

Usually it taked around 10 - 15 days. Also, u will receive a call from the MTNL guys, confirming ur presence for the installation day. However, you can also get the status by callng the Sanchaar Haat Branch of ur area. Gud Luck 🙂

Ur lucky mate !!!!!!!! I was telling wht the MTNL guys told to me.............seems it also depends on area to area.......... 😛

For the past few days, in Andheri West - Mumbai, I am getting bandwidth of 70 to 100 kbps in the day. This improves to 150 kbps at night. I am used to getting 215 kbps for the past three months and now this poor show. I wonder what is happening. Also, the 'usage' link is not working since the 1st of the month. As usual, complaints at 1504 are getting no response and talking to the local phone exchange is impossible since lines are always busy. Could it be that they have more clients hooked up and no one wants to switch off even when not using the router? I am told that in USA folks just do not switch off at all and hardly have to re-boot the router. This blocks bandwidth somehow. Can this be happening here? Any idea? Best wishes.

I had the same problem in s.delhi for about 4-5 days. Thankfully it's up to speed again. At one time i was gettin 3-4 kbps downloads and the connection was very unstable. Just lodge a complaint on their helpline and they'll call u in like 5-6 days (that's just the way it is with MTNL). Most probably this is a temporary problem, coz the so-called engineer told me that sometimes there's some glitch in their server or somethin. Got nothin to do with more subscribers being added, i expect them to have enough bandwidth to deal with that. It'll go away so hang in there buddy. Try meditating and takin long walks in the park. It helps....haha

It has nothin to do with users keeping there DSL modems or routers ON. U are using a DSL connection mate. It is a dedicated line. Yeah, if the bandwidth is low on the MTNL server side.....then GOD knows. Anyways, this is not possible........Might be some temporary issue.......wud be corrected automatically. The options tht u have on ur side are:1. Soft re-boot of ur modem. Tht is thru the web interface provided.2. Hard re-boot. Switching off the modem.3. Flip the Ethernet or USB (whichever u r using) and DSL cable of the modem.In case ur experiencing slow browsing, clear the cache and check the DNS settings.Gud Luck 🙂

QUOTE(santoo @ Sep 4 2005, 07:19 PM) [snapback]24062[/snapback]
150 mb/day with sify hmm... with mtnl people are downloading around 400 mb per night between 0.00 to 8.00
( with NU option)
[/b]

I have been using NU since October 2005.
I have generally been able to download around 600-700MB's per night(touch wood).
A few times, I even downloaded more than 720 MB in 1 night B) .
I guess it all depends on the proximity to the MTNL server( or office in this case), and clarity in telephone line.