MTNL Triband Unlimited Connection Slowed down a lot over past week

silentwarrior

ISP
MTNL
Hi All, I need an urgent help here. I am using MTNL Triband 256 Kbps connection in Delhi over the past 2 months. When installed, it gave me tremendous speeds which were way beyond my subscription - like 800 Kbps. Suddenly a week before, there was some problem at exchange and the connection went down. It came up only the next day. After that all is tremendously slowed down. I have an MT882 modem (full white colored one) and the ADSL light in it keeps on blinking. When I do any download operation, the ADSL light disappears until the download finishes completely. I am unable to figure out wats wrong and where. I alled 1504 but they said it is an exchange or line problem. I got line and exchange checked but they say all is okay. Can you help me on what to do? 🙁

Check SNR and attn data . see under summary. Give feedback.
http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html

I am too facing the same problem for past 2 months . I am staying in dwarka area. The ADSL light keeps on bliking even when no internet is used. I have my own wireless cum router of Netgear. I was also told the same thing that it is exchange or line problem. I also got my line checked but i was told all is okay. Then i was told that your parameters are weak and we will have change it. But till now nothing has been done. I have even called the GM Broadband office . But still the problem persists. It has been two months since i registered my complaint . They told me that you modem is faulty. But i have checked it on airtel connection at my freind house and it is working fine. Now i have stopped calling them because i am fed up of mtnl. MTNL is Useless company.

guys plz post your speedtest results..... this can be done at speedtest.net..... Also let us know you are in which plan???? We just cant speculate on wether you have a problem or not without looking at the facts also we cannot help you out with the solution without knowing anything.... so please.....@silentwarrior you are on a 256 kbps connection so if you got 800kbps thats bonus.... but dont expect to get anything more than 256kbps now...

Thanks Kingpin

I am on 256 Kbps unlimited plan. My speed results are Download:220Kbps and Upload:69 Kbps.

Thanks Essbee

My Modem stat is as follows:

Modem StatusConnection Status ConnectedUs Rate (Kbps) 256Ds Rate (Kbps) 256US Margin 23DS Margin 31Trained Modulation ADSL_G.dmtLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 17US Line Attenuation 9Peak Cell Rate 603 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 0CRC Tx Fast 1CRC Rx Interleaved 0CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode Fast PathDSL StatisticsNear End F4 Loop Back Count 0Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Also I am able to open most of the sites except microsoft.com suddenly

Donno why is this happening. Checked for all possibilities

@silent

your download speeds are pretty much normal.... as a rule of thumb expect anywhere from 90 - 95% of the advertised speed as the remaining 5 - 10% gets lost as overhead /noise /line problem...

your upload speed sucks though it should be ~ 256kbps as well...

As for the sites you can use OpenDNS.... since the default provided by MTNL suck.... you can go to OpenDNS | Providing A Safer And Faster Internet
its pretty much self explanatory.... hopefully your site issue should get resolved by this....

well, ur download speed is absolutely normal as per as ur plan...anyways get ur line chcked and there seem to be something going wrong wid mtnl for the past few days...did u try using Open Dns ???

yes Moto I did try using OpenDns.My problem is that all sites are opening but none of microsoft.com sites what could be the issue? my laptop is fully clean

hey try proxy and see if that helps..MS is working for me now, so its not a probs from MTNL's side i guess

as a rule of thumb expect anywhere from 90 - 95% of the advertised speed as the remaining 5 - 10% gets lost as overhead /noise /line problem...

Govt of India norms say that if you get 70% of the advertised speed... then it is "normal" :rofl:

Govt of India norms say that if you get 70% of the advertised speed... then it is "normal" :rofl:

Is it 70% or 90%😕😕

where are the norms listed?? can you post a link??🙂