Mtnl triband speed is reduced if constant disconnection is observed

• Thread starter Thread starter koolz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 6,314

koolz

ISP
MTNL Triband
My friend who lives is Mulund got his Triband speed reduced to 256 kbps from 2Mbps. He was having frequent disonnection problem. The engineer came to his house and quitely called up Prabhadevi office and reduced the speed. I am having 590NU plan and comes under Powai exchange. I wanted to migrate to NU 849 plan where speed is higher. I met the MTNL technician who is looking after internet connection in our area. He adviced me not to migrate to NU 849 plan because if there is frequent disconnection problem, then they might reduced the speed and I cannot go back to NU 590 plan. Friends who have migrated to NU 849 plan , please advise me whether I should change my plan from NU590 to NU849.

it depends on how good your line is. if you dont have a good line, you may face disconnections. other than that, there is no problem and almost everyone is pretty much happy with their connections.

yes once when i was getting d/c again and again because of exchange problem, i complained 1504 and they reduced my speed. after i realised the speed reduction i contacted directly to prabhadevi and lady told me that i must have complained abt frequent disconnection. but then i told her that it was exchange problem and asked her to change it back to 2mbps.so yes if u r getting freq disconnected, they will reduce u to 512k and if prob still continues then further to 256. so if ur snr margin is above 27-28 @256k then only apply for 2mbps NU.

Amish, Following is my current stats Item Downstream Upstream SNR Margin 31 21 Line Atten. 33 22 Data Rate 256 256 thanks

yes seems good.. so u shudnt have problem after migrating to 2mbps. just make sure modulation is g.dmt

i m not able to connect in g.dmt mode now.... y????

earlier when i used to connect in g.dmt mode but then my router got some problem and them mtnl walas changed it after that i m not able to sync in g,dmt mode.....

chk out these cool links Index - Tech Time

Tip for SNR margin - for every doubling of speed, reduce the current SNR value by 6 - 8...

@amish ^I have seen when I disable G.dmt my UT300R2U router syncs at 2048kbps.But when G.DMT is enabled,along with all the options on that page I sync only at around 1508kbpsIs G.DMT only advisable if ur getting frequent disconnections?

Ur SNR and Att Numbers??????

SNR Margin (dB): 30.3 15.0
Attenuation (dB): 25.0 14.0

your stats are good.your upload speed also seems to be fine.are you sure that you are synced to 2048 kbps? try running the speed test some other time. my speed tests fluctuate a lot.

i dunno whts up with mtnl?? i cant get speeds more than 25-30 kbps....

my g.dmt is enabled and my 849 plan has been activated today itself. i cant clock more than 256 kbps

https://www.speedtest.net

Damn!!! wht can be the problem??:madness:

SNR and ATT stats after the upgrade???????????
These look like the figures before the upgrade

Also if u have the UTstar300R2U look at this page
http://192.168.1.1/main.html
Under
DEVICE INFO -> STATISTICS -> ADSL

You should see this data
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB):
Attenuation (dB):
Output Power (dBm):
Attainable Rate (Kbps):
Rate (Kbps):

Attainable rate is a far better indicator of line and speed conditions rather than what you are synced at the exchange,coz thats as far as ur router can take u on those line conditions at that time

SNR has nothing to do with it. Okay maybe a little but the real trouble is at 2Mbps the line should be able to sustain the rate. My SNR is 43dB and yet in Jan when I got 2Mbps my line was facing severe disconnection trouble.Anyway, if you get such problems then the solution doesn't lie in reducing the speed ( what MTNL is currently doing ). The solution lies in changing your line from the junction box till your ADSL router. MTNL does this freely and you gotta make them do it!