• Thread starter Thread starter Annish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,351

Annish

ISP
MTNL
Hi Guys .....

I am not that much into posting on forums .... but since this forum has given so much to me ..... thought i would contribute my borrowed two cents.

Got this from another forum .... hope its usefull to someone .... someone who has been banging there head on a wall :wall: ( just the way i was till NOW .. phew ).

Prevent network flooding and connection drops For VISTA users only

The new networking stack contained in Windows Vista, and as with anything new (and still in beta), it has some issues. This build seems to like dropping connections and in rare cases, blocking all traffic on wireless routers, requiring a restart of the router itself. To fix these problems, complete the following instructions:

WARNING: Please note that this will disable IPv6 connectivity as well as the Windows Firewall security, and is not recommended unless you are experiencing these issues. This will also invalidate any network related bug reports you file against Windows Vista.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. LUnder “Network and Internet”, click on “View network status and tasks”.
3. In the left hand pane, click on “Open connections”.
4. Right click on your network connection (for example: Local Area Connection 3), and then click “Configure”.
5. If asked for permission to open Network Connections, click on Allow.
6. Highlight the following items and press the “Uninstall” button:
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
Link-Layer Topology Discovery ResponderUncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)”
7. 8. Next, click on the “Configure” button under the name of your network adapter.
9. Click on the Power Management tab.
10. Disable all power management items listed on the Power Management tab.
11. Press OK.

To stop Windows Vista from flooding your network with traffic:

1. Press WinKey+R.
2. Type “services.msc” (without the quotes)
3. If asked for permission to open “Microsoft Management Console”, click Allow.
4. Double click on each one of the following services and change its startup type to “Disabled”.
Base Filtering Engine
IKE and AuthIP Keying Modules
IP Helper Service
IPSec
Windows Firewall

Disclamer : Broadband forum or Me are not responsible incase of any problems caused by following the above instructions .... incase you "%^&@" "#@" your machine you are the only one resposible .... Enjoy ...

ps : I tried searching but did not find anything similar ....
Respected mods incase this is allready posted .... Plsss dellete this post ( My appologies for the inconvienience ).

that's unnecessary 🙂 .

Ya thats un-necessary, running vista for months without such issues except MTNL issue which is common to all...............

no, i have a weird issue with MTNL and Vista...and it's recent...i am able to connect but not able to browse with my one ID...but the moment i put my another ID and connect, everything comes to life...no idea what's going on... 😕

Well .. I had loads of issues with mtnl ( disconnection & stuff ) but after using the above mentioned settings ..... My connection is way stable.Dont know if its usefull or no ... i am no techie .... This definately helped me.To each there own.

ok, will try what said...though IPv6 is already disabled...with that enabled, it won't connect only... 😕

ok, will try what said...though IPv6 is already disabled...with that enabled, it won't connect only... 😕

You mean wont connect only in bridge mode .... For regular connection it would connect even if IPv6 is enabled. Right ??

yes, in bridge mode...in PPPoE it connects fine...even my earlier problem is with bridge mode only...

man all those things are totally unnecessary...there r no clashes wid vista....But my damn router has a problem ( GLB 502T- its d new 1 ) but it only needed port forwarding.. thts it... Usin vista since feb.. no problems except fr d irritating mtnl services... but wen mtnl wrks it really does a good job.. wish they wud improve customer services :madness:torrents n RS rule... Azureus Rocks :thumbsup: