MTNL Triband NU users on @a servers (Alcatel) do not have to shut down modem?

• Thread starter Thread starter Icem@n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,908

Icem@n

ISP
MTNL
I found a funny feature for NU Users on Alcatel Mumbai server. It is true that the time on the server is around 20mins faster than normal time

https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/34668-beware-alcatel-849-nu-users/

But I was looking at the usage details and I found that the session automatically restarts between 23:59:59 and 00:00:00 and also between 8:00:59 and 8:01:00. So is this feature beneficial for us because we do not have to wake up early in the morning or stay up late to restart the modem? A feature which is (finally) beneficial to the users?

:thumbsup:

i noticed that too.. it stops at 23.59.00 (dunno abt the morning 7:59 thing though..) ..but then who is willing to take the risk !Besides since ur saying its showing 8:01 wouldn't that mean you are late by 1 min !

Yeah even I was afraid of the +1 min thing in the morning. But this month's usage and bill showed that they do not charge me for sessions that end automatically at 8:01:00am. (I had a 1.6GB session I forgot to switch off, and it got automatically disconnected at 8:01,a nd I was not charged for it). But you are right, they can always switch off the automatic session restart and we will suffer. So better to be safe and switch it off yourself.