MTNL Triband modem

gauravmhatre

Regular
ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
HiI live in mumbai and I have MTNL triband. I have my own router ie D-Link GLB 502T.My question is my pppoe light on the modem is having some problems since today.Sometimes it comes and sometimes it does not come.When it does not come,I usually switch off my router and switch it on,then it woud cme,but still its unstable.due to this I cannot surf my net.the other 3 lights are perfectly fine ie the power,ADSL and LAN. I called up CC but as usuall they are busy and I cudnt not spk with them and they wudnt know since it is not their modem,so decided to ask you all.pls help me out and tell me what this pppoe is and why is this hppning suddenly..thnks a lot........

D-Link GLB 502T
One of the worst modems in market according to my peers.

Features

High-speed Internet access via one WAN port on the existing phone line, connecting to a group of users via an Ethernet switch ADSL line Internet sharing
Built-in ADSL interface with widest range of DSLAM interoperability ADSL (ANSI T1.413 issue 2, G.dmt Annex A, G.lite Annex A) compliant 1 10/100BASE-TX LAN port, 1 USB 1.1 port for connection to a workstation Virtual Private Network (VPN) pass-through support DMZ and Virtual Server Mapping support Web-based configuration

PPPoE, Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet, is a network protocol for encapsulating Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) frames inside Ethernet frames. It is used mainly with ADSL services where individual users connect to the ADSL transceiver (modem) over Ethernet and in plain Metro Ethernet networks.(Wiki)

Maybe due to line problem.Or any wireless or other electro magnetic field emitting equipments(e.g.Cordless,Mobile,Speakers etc) should be kept at a reasonable distance as they can interfere with the signal in line.
People usually complain that USB connectivity with the modem is very poor it gets disconnected every 10 min or so. if u use Ethernet sync it to 10mbps

I should recommend you to get a MTNL router as they replace if u have any fault.

Wait for others to reply to your problems they may have better explanations

DSL-502T works fine for me! atleast for 3 years it has been working fine! 🙂get your line and splitter checked.

members/gauravmhatre/
As GLB502T has a built in splitter, you can try an external splitter ahead of this.
Phone line ==rj11=>>MTNL splitter ==ADSl port==Rj11==> glb splitter input. Point 2
All other phones to Phone Port ( disconnect from Point 3. of GLB )

PARA TWO
If possible post screen shot Device status showng snr attn and line speed mod selected.
( or check with present setup and after modification as above ) preferred: D/L Snr > 10 db and attn < 30 to 40 db.
Usually GDMT selected.
Feedback please: either "positive result" or "no improvement."
PS: almost identical to dsl502T ( no built in splitter ?) usually was marketed in INDIA.

Hi, I have used this modem and this has its genesis from the earlier DSL-502T. This modem is quite peculiar. It will work for some time without any problems and then suddenly it will start disconnecting pretty frequently. I had a major series of discussions with D-Link and finally they agreed to revise the firmware; this was not available online from the web; so I had to get it flashed at their local service center. It worked fine after that. I had to junk it after some time as I went wireless. I now use it as a backup or for benchmarking my settings in the wireless router. What I would suggest is that you approach D-Link tech support and firmly (pun unintended) ask them to upgrade the firmware. The firmware may be available on-line now. Call 1800 222 002 (all India tech line) and by now I am sure they should offer a patch straight away. Cheers