MTNL Triband Goes in Local Access Mode on Vista.

sizzlinsamy

ISP
MTNL
Hi Friends,I am very new to MTNL Triband. I use the Huawei modem with USB port on my Windows XP PC.It connects on my XP machine successfully and works fine with it.I recently purchased a laptop with Windows VISTA on it and when I connect the modem USB to it, the laptop installs all huawei modem drivers correctly and configures to connect to the MTNL connection. But the problem is that it only shows LAN (Local Access Only) network. The internet does not work. My laptop goes on a local access mode.I thought it could have been the USB issue so I got an Ethernet wire (LAN) and connected the modem through that. Again it went in Local Area Network but no internet.I observe that there are fundamental differences in the connection properties on my XP and Vista machines for the same MTNL connection. The connection properties on Vista has 2 TCP-IP facilities as IPv6 and IPv4 out of which IPv4 has “Automatically Get New IP address” checked,On my XP PC on the other hand, there is single TCP IP facility with “Automatically Get New IP address” checked. The internet works there.What happens on a typical Vista machine, when internet is ON, is the network icon that is shown on the task bar displays a small blue earth between the blinking monitors icons when the network connection has internet (I have observed it whenever I try free wireless networks in places like Malls or my Office or even MTNL dialup etc.) Such earth Icon is missing with MTNL network connection.I tried even static IP (198.162.1.1 / 2 and couple of DNS addresses suggested by my friends) but all in vain.🙁Do any of you guys faced similar problems on Vista? Do u have any specific DNS address that worked for you?Does MTNL LAN has a internet proxy address and port which if I could try.Thx very much in advance.Samy.

Disable IPV6.IP is 192.168.1.1 etc and not as typed 198.162.1.1In modem 192.168.1.1/main.htmlAdvanced Diagnostics. to locate the problem. In Vista start/run type ipconfig/all and see the result. ( hope same as XP SP2)

I have Vista too and the connection works fine through MTNL broadband, if you can't see the blue connectivity icon between 2 computers icon, just right click on the icon and choose diagnose and repair, this would most probably tell you what's wrong with the connection. if it says DNS server is not responding, call up 1504 and ask for the manual DNS settings (that happened with me once, strangely it now works fine on automatic settings 😛)If it says no problem found, it could be problem with the line, this doesn't seem to be the case as you said the connection is working fine on XP.Sometimes, repairing the connection automatically makes your connection work.