• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,677

y2s

Regular
ISP
Jio Fiber 300
Airtel/Vi/Jio Wireless
So after 1 year of having an excellent experience with mtnl I finally have some problems. So a couple of days ago I had an Issue with the wifi on my DNA A212. I can only define this problem as packet loss, some sites wouldn't completely load. To fix this, I just switched off WiFi on the modem and attached a Netgear wireless router for WiFi connectivity. This fixed the problem.Now I have frequent disconnections, The router reboots itself every 2-3 mins(I think it reboots as all light come on and then pwr, dsl and net lights come on). Also when I think it is rebooting, I cant access 192.168.1.1. However for the 2 minutes it works, It works well. SNR is around 30 and attenuation is about 10. I have registered a complaint on 198 and that hasn't done anything yet.My question is, Is the router at fault or is it some fault at MTNL's end?

So after 1 year of having an excellent experience with mtnl I finally have some problems.

So a couple of days ago I had an Issue with the wifi on my DNA A212. I can only define this problem as packet loss, some sites wouldn't completely load. To fix this, I just switched off WiFi on the modem and attached a Netgear wireless router for WiFi connectivity. This fixed the problem.

Now I have frequent disconnections, The router reboots itself every 2-3 mins(I think it reboots as all light come on and then pwr, dsl and net lights come on). Also when I think it is rebooting, I cant access 192.168.1.1. However for the 2 minutes it works, It works well. SNR is around 30 and attenuation is about 10. I have registered a complaint on 198 and that hasn't done anything yet.

My question is, Is the router at fault or is it some fault at MTNL's end?

It could be either, a mtnl line problem or a modem problem. Its more likely that its a modem problem. For one, your modem reboots completely (ur power light goes off right). Your SNR is pretty decent indicating its less likely to be a line problem.

I had a similar problem recently. Used to use my own beetel adsl modem at home. The router didnt reboot totally, but the dsl link would reset and ppoe would connect disconnect frequently. While it seemed to be a line problem, turns out it was a faulty modem and a new modem from mtnl rectified the issue.

That dna a212 modem is the cause of the problem it seems...i have the same one and it is highly unreliable...you can ask mtnl to change the modem or since you already have a Netgear wifi so tell them to revert you back to the wired modem and you can connect the netgear to that. Will save on your wifi modem monthly rent

Thanks guys, The MTNL technician magically appeared, replaced the modem with a wired one and promised a new wireless one by Monday.In any case I would like to now buy my own adsl modem. The mtnl guy suggested Belkin but i have had bad experiences with them. So which router should I buy?

mtnl techy came to give you new modem??? thats the magic.

Thanks guys, The MTNL technician magically appeared, replaced the modem with a wired one and promised a new wireless one by Monday.

In any case I would like to now buy my own adsl modem. The mtnl guy suggested Belkin but i have had bad experiences with them. So which router should I buy?

Netgear or Linksys are good.

mtnl techy came to give you new modem??? thats the magic.
He came, realized the modem was faulty and switched it.

Netgear or Linksys are good.
That's what I would assume