MTNL Triband Broadband Low speed for 749 NU for anyone else?

• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,469

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
I have been getting around 256 kbps only instead of 1-2 mbps I used to get on 749 NU since a few days. Anyone else also facing the same issue?I tried asking customer care what is this about but they won't accept anything. The first customer care executive I got to turned out to be a b****d. First he blabbered nonsense like I will only get 2 mbps speed while chatting and not downloading. At this I blew my top and screamed at him threatening to complain about him and what I hear is arrogance of a typical Sarkari lazy bum. He tells me "Nothing will happen to me." I ask for his manager and he says he's the senior most person only (lol). Then he became a complete #$%@@# and started insisting since I'm getting fine speeds on the MTNL speed test page (which I am but not elsewhere) there's nothing wrong with my connection. I disconnected after abusing him mouthfuls.Later on I talked with another cust care guy and got a complaint registered for low speed. But I don't think these asses are going to do anything until they are in the mood to do anything.ISPs in India are such a pain.

HiI am Experiencing the very same problem on my 749NU. I am from Delhi and from the past week i am getting 256-500kbps speeds on HTTP downloads, although MTNL speed tester shows 1800Kbps results. Even on microsoft.com i am getting a download of 50kBps = ~400kbps. any clue why this is happening? delhi 749NU users experiencing this?reply plz

Depends on the download server. But anyway, you can change your ADSL mode to GMT. I was getting low speeds on Multi-Mode.

I am also facing same issue right from 1st nov, things were working fine till october. from 1st nov to till date i have collected 20 complain numbers, mtnl and triband dept both just pass on the bucks, play blame game. currently am getting 20-25KBps. one CC guy told me that there is some problem at prabhadevi server..... [mumbai] and then they talk usual rubbish.

It seems MTNL is implementing some kinda block on port 80 (http port). If you are getting nice speeds on the MTNL speed test, then this is confirmed. You will also get cool speeds on torrents, but not on http downloads.