MTNL Triband Broadband Connection Beware

ISP
Mtnl
Hello all,I have been BIG FAN of MTNL Broad band (triband) internet connection and had blind faith in MTNL Broad band (triband) internet connection .But Now when my Internet connection(MTNL Broad band (triband) internet connection ) is not working form last 7 daysi got bugged by it even though i have called at 1504 but que was full and I was told to leave my number i left my number for 4 times but no one calledYesterday i used cyber cafe and checked my account status and saw daily upload and download activity fortunately my modem was also physically disconnected during this periodI got back on net wrote emails to GM AND called 1500 number and told them to disconnet my internet connection immediatlybut they refused and said u have to submit an application i got connection with one phone call and had to submit one application for this today i was in my office and i wrote one aoplication got it photocopied sent it to sanchar hut i was directed to submit application in sanchar hut after couple of minutes keeping waited they told that this has to be submitted in Bhikaji camma place sanchar hut then i sent it over there, there these people refused to take the application and after 30 minutes I was told attach a copy of bill without it we can not accept this application but after arguing application was accepted. (afternoon) but the date entered is 1st of OCt and today the date is 29th september. they also put the number 188919 on the application. betrween 2-3 pm this application was accepted. So this is all about what has happened it took complete one day to handle one task with MTNL probably all those who are happy with MTNL are those who trust them blindly So who ever it is whetherMTNL Broad band (triband) internet connection or private palyers we need to keep our eyes open otherwise we need to pay the price. Now i would like to download a software which checks complete dataupload and download activity. so friends tell me what should i do now? or what can i do now has any one experienced this kind of service with MTNL for broad band internet connection. Bye

Hello all,
Yesterday i used cyber cafe and checked my account status and saw daily upload and download activity

how is this possible.u cannot check ur account details from cybercafe.

Now i would like to download a software which checks complete dataupload and download activity.

net meter
else use DU meter.

and about customer service of mtnl .it is really pathetic.But at the same time it is the cheapest.

Well I too have experienced frequent disconnections on my MTNL ADSL today than ever before. It disconnects every 15-20 minutes. Have to disconnect the connection from the router and re-connect it.

how is this possible.u cannot check ur account details from cybercafe.
why not? you can access the MTNL website from anywhere.

@broadbanduserdelhi- you can use netmeter or if you are using firefox you can install the datafox plugin.

as u say - there is daily usage - even when u're not connected - means SOMEONE ELSE IS USING UR ACCOUNT - common sense - instead of getting ur a/c closed - call 1504 - and ask to change the password.probably, the guy who got hold of ur a/c details, must have changed the pass - hence u're unable to log in....

Yesterday i used cyber cafe and checked my account status and saw daily upload and download activity
Its possible to check usage anywhere.I check usage on my GPRS phone via Opera Browser and register.mtnl.net.in

Or what can i do now has any one experienced this kind of service with MTNL for broad band internet connection.
Most of us have had similar problems when

[*]Applying for a new connection
[*]Changing Plans/Increasing Speed from256 to 2mbps
[*]Issues with faulty lines
[/list]Sasta hai....thats why we choose to stay with it and face the problems.
If someone can offer comparable speed and Data Transfer Plans at almost same rates,I'm sure most of us would have moved

But not many private players offer better services and some are even more bureaucratic than MTNL 🙁

@all i did'nt know that one can check account details from anywahere.will try it out.

you can check from anyhere coz its a web enabledinterface that just checks data from the BBusage databaseU just cant use the same connection9userID/Pwd) to connect from any telephone line coz that userID has PortBinding making it impossible for someone else to steal ur Bandwidth even if they manage to steal ur UserID/Pwd

Port Binding is NOT implemented at all exchanges yet.Or it might be your other family members using it xD.