• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,828

skorpio1

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriB200 :: 2048/512
Guys another thread in the 849Nu saga
If u think this is one too many threads dont reply and we'll get the mods to close it

But I think I wanna highlight issues with those guys who have moved and warn newbies of potential hazards

[*]They refuse to change us to 849NU saying its just 590 NU and "there is nothing new".Obviously the 1500 ladies dont understand the diffrence between 256kbps and 2mbps😕
[*]They change the plan and keep us on 256kbps.We pay for 249 extra+taxes for what?????:redface:
[*]They refuse to register a complaint for "I get 256 instead of 2mbps".If registered they do so under speed and then close the complaint saying "ur plan is changed...server i slow past 2 days,all ill be ok by tomorrow......OR ELSE...I'm closing this register a fresh speed complaint with 1500/1504":madness:
[*]CC tech guys just say we will FWD COMPLAINT TO SERVER room,will be done by this evening.After the 10th call on the 7th day they put u on hold and disconnect:madness:
[*]If in the end u do get the upgrade in speed:yahoo:, 192.168.1.1 will now only show a max of 915kbps upstream and 512downstream😡
[*]We begin the fight once again to move 915kbps to 2048kbps
[/list]Makes u wanna think.....This is the story of my life, pal!!
We waited for them to upgrade 590NU to 2mbps and this is what we get in the end after 7 months???????????

Any suggestions/loopholes/contacts/tricks to get us what we paid for will be highly appreciated.
Please post to ur hearts content and save us all a lot of unwanted pain

P.s😛ost ur SNR and Atten figs also.
My SNR margin dropped from 30 to 12🙁 Attenuation is still the same)

^"pain in the wrong places" ?? :rofl:r u alrite, dude?? (Sorry, couldn't help it)

I have been running circles around these mtnl slaves. short of shooting them and myself i have no clue of what else to do, to get them to change the plan to 2 mbps. still getting 256, well actually not even that. my snr is always below 8. line attenuation is 41. so basically i am screwed. nothing works and i am reaching the end of my very short rope. is there any leagal way to make these no good, stupid, "don't know what the f****** they are doing people" pay for all this crap?anyone know of any big names at mtnl who could pull a few strings preferably with a few heads dangling from said strings.tomorrow morning i'm gonna go to that hell hole and stage a morcha and refuse to leave untill they send a technician, who knows his back from his front, to come and fix my line and then hopefully the problems with my speed will be tackled too.i sure as hell am not gonna bother holding my breath for that.

I is there any leagal way to make these no good, stupid, "don't know what the f****** they are doing people" pay for all this crap?

Extract of TRAI notification dated 6.10.2006 for QOS of Broadband Services - "keeping the reasonable loading level in intra-network links upto ISP Node, the benchmark has been prescribed that service providers shall ensure the speed of Broadband connection is greater than 80% of the subscribed speed".

reference :- Speed Clarification on Mumbai TRIBAND home page http://202.159.230.232:8888/speed/speedtrai.htm
the only trouble is we may END up screwing ourselves getting help from TRAI.
If MTNL is like this I hate to think how the TRAI bureaucracy works

The thing about my snr is that is is fluctuating. today morning it showed 3, now it shows 10, everytime i log in it shows me a different statistic. is this normal? the highest it has been is 14the line guy is coming tomorrow to re-check the darn thing...hopefully he is gonna have some answers.but again not holding my breadth

SNR margin for most users fluctuates after they are upgraded to 2mbps but for 256 K speed the SNR usually stays constant.

I am also at 256kbps abd my SNR fluctuates a lot..from 5 to 15..infact i am getting very low speed at day and even complained abt it to 1504..but even after5-6 days nothing has changed..i get fone calls from the babus..and every time they have one or the other stupid reason for it..the last one said "router on/off karke dekhoi thik ho jayega..ya reset kar do peeche jo pin hai"..and I said "is se SNR thodi na bad jayegi..5 SNR dikha raha hai router" he replied.."hmm..kya SMR??" ...lolI asked him to send a technician to my place..any more sugesstions??whom do I contact CC guys are always useless..

yeah mtnl is such a pain I rather pray rather than complain to those cc idiots It survives only because it has no competition 🙁and 849 NU plan is such a lootbsnl offers similiar plan for 500 Rs

My SNR fluctuates but not as much as you guysOn 256kbps it was rock steady at 30On 2mbps its fluctuating a little 12 in the day and 14 at midnight.Looks like when I'm dl'ing the noise is lower and the signal higher:yahoo:

how far are you from the exchange.I mean if u walk to it whats the distance by road,coz AFAIK the cables are laid alongside the roads.For me its min 3kms by road,but direct line of sight distance is just half a mile 🙁Longer the line slower the speeds

just call this number 24310645its broadband GM piyush agarwals number (only for mumbai)tell the secretary who picks up the phone this problem. she will understand and forward the complaint to prabhadevi exchange and you will get a call in less than 1 hour.

Finally after coughing up 400 bucks got the line fixed snr nos. up (dl 30 ul 25). but speed not yet upgraded. still getting 256. will have to go visit Mr. Salve again. Well at least the disconnections have stopped. cheers.Thanks guys for the advice.

@larina.fernandeswhat did you do? where was the problem? I'm also from Borivali exchange, my SNR constantly fluctuates between 5-15.