MTNL triband 590 NU

• Thread starter Thread starter ndbcyber
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,276

ndbcyber

ISP
MTNL
HiI have been using MTNL Triband from June 2006 Plan 590 NuTill Nov 2008 end everything was fine good speeds and good download speed at night. I was praising mtnl but now i get the taste of bureaucracyFrom Nov 2008 I started experiencing disconnection problems intemittentlyI found that the router( UTstar provided by MTNL) had a power switch problem.I got it replaced on visiting the exchangeThe problem was solved for 2 days and then again the disconnection.Earlier it used to disconnect after 1-2 hrs but now it disconnects after 15 minutes. The link light on the router just goes off. I have a parallel line which connects to the router.I pick up of the phone for a minute and the internet starts working. Sometimes dialling the dialup number 172231 also makes the internet work.I have made 15 complaints to mtnl about sending there engineer or lines man to check the problem to no avail.Now i am seriously thinking of another ISPQuestions1.What are the oprions in Chembur station area( a plan similar to triband nu will suffice)2.Any solution to my MTNL problemThanksNinad

Its purely a case of a faulty line. First of all check your splitter, internal wiring in your house and all the jacks/ports by yourself. If nothing is amiss you need to call MTNL and tactically speak with them after registering a complaint.Tell them that there is a lot of disturbance in your line or worse your phone is completely dead. But never ever mention that there is problem with your internet!Once the service man arrives politely ask him to test your telephone line upto your exchange to check for any high resistance or open loop in the line (This test is done from the exchange and takes a considerable amount of time). He may refuse at first but coax him to do so; bribe him if necessary.If nothing works out, find out if there is/are any local ISP in your locality. Mostly they give cheap unlimited plans but the speeds are pretty low.