MTNL TRIB NU 849 Notavailable at borivali exchange ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Asky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,847

Asky

ISP
MTNL
Hey Guys,
My 1sy post here 🙂

I had applied for MTNL Triband Online in July.Bought my own Router(GLB-502T).My connection was activated in November (After a lot of screwing up on MTNL's side).
Neways i had applied for the NU 849 2MBps plan but on activation when i logged into the MTNL Website ,to my horrow it was showing DSL TRIB 599 as my package. I dunno why they gave me this plan when i had clearly mentioned NU 849 in the form.
After a few calls to them and submitting a written letter requesting change of plan they now tell me that the NU 849 Plan is not available in this exchange ??? can this be possible ?
Any help as to how i must proceed would be appreciated.
Can believe no one in Borivali must be having this plan.

BWT its the exchange near the Borivali Station.

must be some more confusion. all plans shud be available at all exchanges. borivali to parle have same server (i.e.GRGN server)so if parle guy has 849nu, u shud be getting too.

Which person in the exchange told you that the plan is not available? If he/she is some clerk sitting in the counter, ask them to give it in writing. And then there will be a Broadband in-charge for the exchange. Ask him how is it possible that the exchange does not have the plan? Coz if feasibility is an issue, then even that plan that they have given u (DSL 599) should not be given as it also is a 2mbps plan.Its definitely a mistake on MTNL's side. All exchanges in Mumbai have 849NU scheme available.

thanks for the reply guys.Ya it was a Clerk sitting at the counter.Will go there again tomo , will ask them to give it in writing.

no use asking same guy again.. just go to higher authority and clarify. there shud be broadband dept in every exchange, atleast my exchange has.

coz when I went to Malad Exchange for upgrading from 590NU to 849NU, the lady at the counter said that "849NU aisa koi plan hi nahi hai". Then I asked her to check and luckily I had a newspaper with MTNL's ad in it showing 849NU scheme. Then she checked again and said... "haan... ho jayegaa".These clerks sitting at the counter are nothing but shit-heads. All they can do is sit and do chit-chat. We customers have more updated information than these MTNL employees!!!

Sounds ridiculous. The speed is the same as other plans, so I don't see why the exchange can't provide it!Reminds me of when I got my own modem (D-Link 502T) and subscribed for DSL TRIB 599 (when it used to be 512kbps). The website showed the correct plan, but they synched the line to 256kbps. The Borivli exchange staff blamed the modem... because it was self-owned.Its pointless talking to the Borivli Exchange staff. Speak to the DGM.If I'm not mistaken, for Mumbai users, the account tariff and line speed is set at the Prabhadevi exchange.

The plan is provided by the local exchange and the downstream/upstream limits are set at Prabhadevi.

My guess is that each local exchange use a software interface to select a plan. The back-end servers that handle billing would be centrally located, say in Prabhadevi. If a new plan is introduced on the central billing server for Mumbai, then it should reflect on all the local exchange front-ends, shouldn't it?

Hi,I have a question. I have applied for triband connection in Aug first week for my house in Borivali West, but still have not received the connection. Does anyone know if there is any waiting list or where to contact? Since I am newbie, can somebody please help me? I saw this post which said he applied in July and received connection in Nov. So, I guess I should have received the connection sometime in dec or at least in Jan.Thank you.

ask ur local exchange CC by going personally.

And tell them that you can buy the router yourself if they are out of stock. Most of the time you dont get the connection becoz this stupid MTNL is always short of routers!