MTNL TriB 749NU flaw!

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
Ok Guys, here's something what I found and would like to share with you all, but with a disclaimer that -

"Use it at your own risk. I am in no way responsible if you screw up in some way."

With keeping this in mind, here it goes...

MTNL disconnects automatically exactly at 6 hrs from the time you connect which means if you connect at 12:00:00 a.m. then you'll get disconnected at 6:00:00 a.m. Now, if your router redials (reconnects), then you get connected automatically, but with a new IP.

This might not make any sense to those having dynamic IP, but for static IP guys, this is a boon. Means, with this new IP, your usage is not being recorded at all.

How did I find it out?

Well, here it goes. Since the time MTNL disconnects automatically after 6 hrs, sometimes I forgot to reboot the router before 8 am, but what I noticed is that it didn't record any usage during that time. Like if I connected at 12 am the first time, it will disconnect and reconnect at 6 am and I reboot the router at 9 am, there would be no details in the accounts usage page for the period 6 to 9 am and nothing would be deducted from my account.

But today morning when I woke up, I opened the connection details and saw that I was assigned another IP than my static one, and it didn't take me more than a fraction of second to figure out what's going on.

So guys, if you want, you can also try (and exploit) this and tell me if you're also lucky like me. :yahoo:

Hurry up and use it till it lasts coz they'll plug it as soon as they figure it out.

Enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

^^ So basically we shud never switch off the router once it has rebooted after the 6hr session? is that wat u r telling me..?Bhai. at 2mbps the risk of downloading data is too much. u cud download 700-800mb/hr & if that gets billed , then well; u r screwed..

yes, if u get connected automatically after that automatic disconnect, ur usage is not being recorded...and yes, it's risky as i stated already with a disclaimer as well...though u can check it without downloading anything as well...or by downloading some small files...u needn't keep the downloads on at full speed...in that way u'd at least know if it's being recorded or not...

coolbuddy bhai tu marwayega mujhe..!!Lakhon ka bill ho jayega! MTNLwale "recovery officer" bhej denge..! heh heh!:yahoo:

seems u haven't read the post properly...

bhookon 😉 ki tarah download karne se pehle check karo ki automatic disconnect/connect hone ke baad tumhara usage record hua hai ya nahi...jab sure ho jao (at least do teen din tak) tab dheere dheere use karo aur dekho...

also make sure u have enough MBs in ur balance...like u can segregate 200 mb for this testing purpose so that u're safe even if u get screwed somehow...

makes sense???

and i'm in no way pressing/suggesting/advising u to use it...i just found a flaw and asked for others if they can confirm the same 🙂

lol you guys, ofcourse you should check for yourself for a couple of days atleast to see if it works or not.coolbuddy, awesome find. 😀looto guys!!! 😀(unfortunately we mumbai guys have dynamic ip 🙁)

yeah...really sad...u might get this if they launch unlimited plan and they've not figured it out till then 😀

do u have it or still looking for it?? 😉btw, i already have the biggest flaw of MTNL...and pls don't ask me coz am not gonna share it 😀

^ i also had the BIGGEST flaw of mtnl. bit it seems they have fixed it in mumbai only recently. 🙁 (more reasons for mumbai guys to cry)damn that flaw was just friggin awesome. reason for my shifting to 599 plan 😗 😉(now shifting to 849NU.)nah, im not looking for anything in mtnl. maybe will go for a different isp.

it's still working in Delhi...and yeah, for the same reason i moved to 399 plan for a month... 😉but it's too risky, so i moved to 749 NU and use it sparingly now 😛

I thought there are not many people who knew it here but Viral and Coolbuddy also? The mumbai thing is fixed now, unfortunately, even I had changed to 199 plan ........... 🙁 But now no option but to change to 849NU again............it sucks......

yeah...life @ 2 mbps unlimited is really awesome!!! 😀

Enjoy till it lasts, damn don't remind me of 2Mbps Unlimited........Feel like doing this now........:wall:

i don't use it too much...coz it's too risky and i don't have much to download anyhow...just use it when i feel like watching vuze/joost...