Mtnl To Launch Iptv

• Thread starter Thread starter qwerty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,813

qwerty

BusinessLine just has reported that MTNL is launching IPTV very shortly for Rs.300. It will have 250 channels. This is just introducory pricing but prices will change soon. BSNL will also use DWDM technology between homes to launch this service.

please please please merge all topics together! We have like 4 threads on IpTV already!

Have u guys got any idea about when Iptv will be launched in chennai by BSNL? Some of the posts had links stating that IPTV will be launched in chennai and Mumbai at the same time.I have a list of doubts 😀 .I'm curious about that whether it will be available under ADSL ~2Mbps or ADSL 2+ ~24 Mbps 😛 .Im asking that 'cos i have D-Link DSL 502-T modem and it has only the ADSL firmware not ADSL2+ 🙁 . In the STB section they say it has a RJ-45 ethernet interface.The modem has only one Ethernet interface ,so how can we watch TV and surf at the same time ? i have a wireless router with 4 Ethernet ports ,so is it possible to setup the IPTV thru' it?

sundar_milo: The telephone will go into a 3 way splitter:
1) For voice telephony thru regular telephone set
2) For broadband internet thru ur ADSL Modem/Router and
3) For IPTV thru a separate Set Top Box

So ur bandwidth or data limit has nothing to do with IPTV as its on totally different platform....

IPTV will be popular only if they give the following at 200pm , 6000 for STB:1)Hardware:STB fully loaded like 40GB HDD,WIFI card,512MB memory card,USB/Firewire supports,HDTV out,etc.,2)TV channels:Everychannel in India with the ability for the user to select the channels they wanna view at 200 pm or more for more number of channels at Rs. 10 per channel pm.Atleast a total of 25 channels should be given for 199 pm.Movies on demand,music on demand,etc., for a trial of 1 month and can be given for a seperate subscription.