• Thread starter Thread starter netfreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,627

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
After a long wait and trials spread over several months, the state-own telecom firm MTNL which operates in Delhi and Mumbai, is finally ready to eclipse the cablewallah by offering the cable service, commonly referred to as IP (Internet Protocol) TV.

‘‘We will launch IPTV in Mumbai on Saturday and in Delhi on Tuesday,’’ MTNL CMD RSP Sinha said. ‘ [/b]

If you pay MTNL about Rs 250 rent for landline and broadband, besides Rs 300 or so for cable TV, for about Rs 450-500 depending on the package, you will be able to have all the three, on a single bill.[/b]

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2162349.cms

Cool... now lets see how this actually turns out.

hehe...MTNL has to employ more people to launch this. I applied for a TriBand connection and it will be delivered in the next month! They are far behind schedule!

QUOTE(max @ Oct 13 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]65135[/snapback]
hehe...MTNL has to employ more people to launch this. I applied for a TriBand connection and it will be delivered in the next month! They are far behind schedule!
[/b]

Agree. MTNL has a massive advantage being a goverment company and potential to be a big telecom player but sadly poor customer service is letting them down. They really need to upgrade their customer support to people who actually have knowledge and can solve problems.

Secondly they need to start collecting feedback from the people and more importantly act on them.The present state of broadband in our country is laughable compared to other developing nations.

It's great that IPTV has finally arrived and it can be a real threat to the cablewallahs who must be shitting in their pants.But it will take some time coz i can easily see the big players like Zee , Star , Sun TV etc being reluctant to share their channels with MTNL for obvious reasons. In the start they are only offering 20 channels which imo is not a good way to enter such a competition. But lets wait and see how this works out.

P.S
The last time i was suspended from making any posts for a period of about 10 days. I know that this had got something to do with me using some unacceptable words but it would be really better if the mods gave a warning before taking such a action.

there is a link on the top which says rules and regulations. if you ignore it, it's not exactly my fault.

maahkaal,dude der is a warn meter on the left side click on the percent n u"ll get the reason y u were suspended.n dude read the rules n follow them!!!!

F**k Rules!You are mentally r*****ed ....Don't believe me ..Start a anonymous poll and ask a question"IS Mod r******ed" 85% will be yes i bet .Everybody knows it.!Lamest fool on broadbandforum.co is mOd itself unfortunately...F*** u lamer ...HBKWAREZ 1. You just cann't control FREE WILL.2. You need to Get Life.3. You need to spit the anger with nick HBKWAREZ4. You need to be polite and say " I didn't invited you to join ,fuck off forum user "5. I would Love to give u pain of enabling each user name (like u never did that before) That hardly lasted for 2 weeks coz of continouse increase in user ; Yes they were all my college Guys..I pitty on You seeing How much u Hate me! From my side i get Pissed every time you ban coz one reason i say "I am Hbkwarez" damm that account is gone.In Last "I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU" if i hurt your ego but consider what you did me from the DAY 1.

you know, the only thing you are going to do by making new and new ids on this forum is to get me to enable manual approval of new user ids. in the end, new users would be harmed. you are not welcome on this forum. if you cannot get that fact, you need to get a life.

how can one use IPTV , Games on Demand without unlimited broadband connections !MTNL Bombay is yet to introduce the unlimited broadband connection . Delhi has unlimited planopen only upto a certain date ...

too bad... no interesting news 🙁 I stopped watching tv 8 years back, I am serious.

or may be they offer unilmited broadband and higher bandwidth as is the case with games on demand...i don't know 🤔