MTNL to be taken over by Tata ?!!

झुंजार

Shorei-ryu, Shugen-do...
ISP
MTNL
Hi,just a few minutes ago, one of my colleagues at my workplace told MTNL is to be taken over by Tata (what the hell ?!) its very confidential. his mom works at MTNL, and she has been given a VRS for 2 months. he said top officials of MTNL are being bribed by Tata-authorities to comply with them, and MTNL is deliberately (and wrongly) portraying themselves to be in loss. they deliberately switch off the internet service in few places on Friday/Saturday, and then switch it back on only on Mondays, just to frustrate the customers, so that they get fed up. he also said that someone put the 4th floor (which contains all the documents and papers) of the Borivali MTNL exchange on fire a few days back. please, could someone verify this ? he said it was highly confidential, and only MTNL employees had info on it. if by any chance someone here has any idea on it, please enlighten us. would be very grateful. and if this is true, my blood is already boiling with rage (which now is a daily feature with me sadly, considering the day-to-day situation in our country) on the MTNL babus who have the gall to do such a thing too (which we all know babus & netas are pretty capable of). friends, i had stopped celebrating our prime national days (26th jan & 15th aug) on realising the futility of 'celebrations' in such a country full of b*****ds, & am turning a misanthrope day-by-day. dont expect an iota of feeling of responsibility & patriotism from anyone now. most of us are ready to sell everything we ever held dear in times-gone-by, to satisfy our lower appetites. guess we dont have time to ponder over all this since we are so much pre-occupied with cricket, flirting or girlfriend/boyfriend stupidities, consumerism, etc. egypt has shown the way. i guess its time we tackle such damned f*^%#rs in a very non-Gandhian manner !sorry i wrote in such a way, but am really feeling anguished. its seldom that i get to feel happy & good nowadays, with so much insanity going on everyday. kaliyug is really intensifying day-by-day :madness:

hummm .. thats the surprising news .. as the last news was about BSNL and MTNL merger which is logical as BSNL is not present in MTNL circle .. and govt need there presence in all the circle ...am still don't think this will be the case .. but we have a example of VSNL takeover by tata so may be this is possible ...

haha. it seems very unlikely. mtnl was to be merged with bsnl. selling mtnl to tata would leave government with no operator in delhi and mumbai!

i hope this news is totally wrong... i am happy with MTNL as it is.. even if babus are bit lazy....u can get ur work done by putting some efforts.

yeah...i too feel it very unlikely to happen...but his mom being given VRS, and the fire incident present some doubt. after all, we know babus can't be trusted AT ALL (in the 2G spectrum scam, some of the licenses were even sold to chinese companies which deal in mobile tower/antennae or some crap like that at 8 times lesser cost, allowing them to operate & utilise Indian radio space, utterly jeopardising security concerns !) on anything !!

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

yeah....am too uber happy with MTNL, and i really hope there isn't any such thing brewing in the inner circles of MTNL. will try to extract some more info from my friend if possible.

VSNL was the largest player in corporate sector for leased lines .. there were many companies who use to take the bandwidth from the vsnl and sell it the same to other corporates as they was the major gateways...

Tata Communications Limited (BSE: 500483, NYSE: TCL; formerly Videsh Sanchaar Nigam Limited (VSNL), Hindi: विदेश संचार निगम लिमिटिड)[3] is a leading global provider of long distance communications. The Tata Global network includes one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks,[4] a Tier-1 IP network, with connectivity to more than 200 countries across 400 PoPs and nearly 1 million square feet of data center and colocation space worldwide.[5] It is India's largest provider in data center services and also operates India's largest data center in Pune.[6] Tata Communications acquired Teleglobe, a company based in Canada, and Dishnet, an Indian company, and is the largest shareholder in South African operator Neotel.[7] Tata Communications currently has a cable network of more than 232,000 kilometers.

Source

😵 that would be be bad. Not only then MTNL connections be fuped, they would also be ridiculously priced.

Its seldom that i get to feel happy & good nowadays, with so much insanity going on everyday. kaliyug is really intensifying day-by-day
hmm... exactly.

yep its intensifying faster than what even KALI planned!He must be thinking: "ye manushya to mere bhi baap nikle!"