• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,332

cyberwiz

Member since 2005
ISP
Jio Fiber @ 150 Mbps
Incase u guys have not noticed the speeds on MTNL in the afternoons, particularly from 12-5 PM have drastically improved.They are now routing all of their international traffic through Reliance and its recently acquired susbsidiary, Flag Telecom rather than congested VSNL networks.Hope this translates into some unltd plans as well coz reliance is sitting on tonnes on international bandwidth of its own.

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Dec 8 2005, 01:22 PM
They are now routing all of their international traffic through Reliance....
[snapback]34860[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats great news. Will see the path that I get on traceroute to US servers.

Though I think even VSNL uses services from FLAG, not sure though.

From past two days iam noticing that it gets connected very soon previously a little late and now speeds too are very stable. They dont go below 30 at all

Its confimed now they have signed a contact with reliance which waz the lowest bidder , bharti and VSNL being the others. See attached file for pricing and technical info.

Any improvement in latencies you guys noticed?

ur welcome muttster@ cyrux latencies were never bad with MTNL. So i dont expect them to improve much. BTW experimentation is still goin on at MTNL, i noticed a momentary shift back to VSNL afew minutes ago..

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Dec 8 2005, 03:34 PM
Its confimed now they have signed a contact with reliance which waz the lowest bidder , bharti and VSNL being the others.

See attached file for pricing and technical info.
[snapback]34873[/snapback]
[/quote]

cyberwiz, what was the original source of this information ?

Interesting.....Cost of bandwidth for MTNL (154 mbps) : 3,104,794.00 [as per attached doc]Cost of US - NY and CA (155 mbps): 2,392,000.00 [actual quotation]So even if cost is 30% higher, it does not justify the astronomical price of ISP packages in India. And I would say 500% cheaper salaries of last mile maintenance engineers / workers /bosses paid by MTNL/Bharti/VSNL should neutralize this 30% difference.

cyberwiz, congested network VSNL? What are you talking about? They have about 11,000Gbps of UNLIT OFC all throughout the world! You call THAT congested?! 😱

I am sure u have a different way of describing 100 Kbps on a 512 Kbps line.On paper we have Tyco, Flag, Teleglobe add a one from bharti too - sufficient bandwidth one would think, but in reality wat do we get? crappy plans with ridiculous caps..i talk abt wat i practically get, you can be happy with the facts and figures..