Mtnl speed suddenly Reduced

maverickrohan

ISP
MTNL
Hi guys, I am using Mtnl triband combo plan 495 with IPTV for a year, in my router the downstream is 4095, and i get a download speed of 470 kBps, when IPTV is on, it reduces to 200 Kbps, but from the past couple of days, i am getting a download speed of only 36 kBps, The router still shows 4095, i guess they have capped it. Is there anything I can do now, this speed sucks for 500 bucks plus taxes, how can i utilise the bandwidth that is allocated to me?

As you are using the "MTNL Combo Plan 495" wherein 320Kbps is your bandwidth and the expected transfer rate should be around 36-38 or some times it does touch 40. Previously, you may have been enjoying lot of speeds because the MTNL babus wouldn't have adjusted your speed according to your plan. Now, they noticed,your speed finally reduced.

Golden Hour ends for you 🙂

lol, ok, dont really need the landline, anyways 2 of my friends one without iptv is gettin 200kBps plus and the one with iptv like me is gettin 470, so i guess i will have to look for a different ISP

Nope, but have been capped to 1mbps and 0.25mbps up for a 2 mbps line since last week !!

what i wanted to know is, can i utilise my full bandwidth thru port forwarding in utorrent, or something like that?

Utorrent automatically port forwards using upnp if your router supports it. Or else you will have to do it manually int NAT settings of your router.

Hi guys, I am using Mtnl triband combo plan 495 with IPTV for a year, in my router the downstream is 4095, and i get a download speed of 470 kBps, when IPTV is on, it reduces to 200 Kbps, but from the past couple of days, i am getting a download speed of only 36 kBps, The router still shows 4095, i guess they have capped it. Is there anything I can do now, this speed sucks for 500 bucks plus taxes, how can i utilise the bandwidth that is allocated to me?

what I would like to know is did u get unlimited data or a fixed amt of data in ur plan... If it was fixed then maybe something is wrong & if it was unlimited then u got lucky for a year & now u will only get what u pay for...

unlimited, as I said, a couple of my friends are still gettin it

As i said in my above post, Your "Golden Hour" now ends and you will have a fixed bandwidth where in you will get a fixed transfer rate. Your friends might enjoy it for some time, but once its noticed by the Mtnl officials, they will sync it as per their plan

Well, going by the subject of this discussion alone, I can confirm that my speed has decreased from 0.63 Mbps to 0.49 Mbps for about 2-3 days now. Upload speed has also proportionally decreased. This, when I'm paying for 0.752 Mbps plan. Looks like they're going green.

I have been facing slow download speed problems in the last 2 weeks. I am using the 590 Night unlimited download since 2006 which should be giving me download speed of 256kbps ( 2 Mbps bandwidth). However since the last two weeks i'm getting download speeds of just 20-30 kbps. Sometimes after an hour of connection the ADSL light on my D-Link 502-T goes off. MTNL guys have called saying they will look into it. I'm aware of their pathetic service since i am using MTNL since 2006 so not keeping any hopes on them.. have any other Night unlimited users been facing such problems??? looking for some help!!

^ facing the same problem. except that am on UT Star modem from MTNL(shuldnt matter). have complained to MTNL but no fix yet.

@deskjet86 and @powerontop - I had issues of erratic speed and frequent disconnection for several months. The first significant improvement came when they replaced a cable in the last mile. But the problem was still not completely solved. Then I managed to persuade them that maybe my modem had gone bad. They replaced my modem and since then I have had no problem at all.