MTNL Delhi MTNL Speed stuck at 2 MBPS despite changing plan to 8 MBPS

Still stuck at 2mbps speed despite plan changed to 1495 combo since 9 nov..called the area manager. He said problem will be resolved today but it did not..i stay in mayur vihar phase 1..can anybody help??
Ask your area manager to tell his broadband people to recreate your broadband port. This should fix the problem.

I live in the CP area of New Delhi. I submitted an online request that I be switched over to FREEDOM 1495 COMBO from TriB UL 999 COMBO on 15.11.2015. My request was completed the next day, but I was still getting only 1 Mbps. I filed a complaint by calling 1504 but they weren't able to do anything to help me. So today (17.11.2015) I went to see my MTNL area manager at Janpath, The AM was very helpful. He called some guy in front of me and asked him to recreate my broadband port or something and when I reached home some half an hour later and did a speed test, I was getting 7.6-7.7 Mbps. I then opened the line stats for my modem and it showed a data rate of 8960, which was earlier set at 1152. As for getting my free fixed IP, I emailed a request to sdeadsl@bol.net.in and was alloted a fixed IP in a few hours.

So if you are having a tough time getting your speed upto 8 Mbps through regular channels, I suggest you go and see your MTNL area manager.
May i know any specific use of that fix ip that you are talking about ?

My speed got updated today all thanks to the area manager as all other Mtnl staff was clueless as usual.

Although i registered the complaint on 1504, today lineman called and said that everything is alright with my connection. First he insisted that my FUP quota must have exhausted and that's why i am not getting 8 Mbps speed but i explained him that even after FUP speed remain at 1 Mbps and my present speed is only 768 Kbps so how could i have used my FUP quota in the first place. He understood and gave me the exchange number and told me to speak to Mr.(xyz). So than i called that exchange guy and told him that i am not getting the required speed, he told okay but first he has to check if my line is feasible for 8 Mbps or not. I said okay and he hanged the phone. Then i later called again at the same given number but this time some other guy picked the phone and said that Mr. (Xyz) was not there buy he will remind him that i called. Till now it was a total time waste.

At this stage i called the area manger, some lady(must be pa) picked the phone and i told her my problem and she noted my complaint and told me that she will see what she can do. After 30 minutes some guy called back and asked if my distance is less than 1.5 km or not, i said yes my house is only 1.2 km form the exchange and then he said ok he will make some change in his end and will call me after 10 minutes. He indeed called me and asked if my speed is reflected or not i said nothing is increased and everything is same as before. He then gave me the number of sdo and said to explain the Freedom 1495 plan because as per his knowledge the FUP is only 25 GB and not 60 GB. I said okay and hanged the phone. I didn't called the sdo

Then in the evening i noticed that my connection is getting reset every minute or so, this process happened till 15-20 minutes and then became stable. I did a speed test and voilà !!!

My speed is around 8.1 Mbps now :rock:
Good to know that your problem has been resolved. Could you tell us the Data Rate (Downstream and Upstream) as well as Attainable Rate (Downstream and Upstream) being reflected in your ADSL Modem status page. I am asking you these values because even I have upgraded my plan to 8 Mbps but I am unable to reach beyond 6.8 Mbps. My Data Rates are 8159 (Downstream) and 856 (Upstream). It seems that everyone is getting some random Data Rate values here, and the speeds actually depend upon these values. I do not know why they (MTNL guys) do it like this. I suppose, you must be having the Data Rate of about 9400 (Downstream) or above, that is why you are getting 8.1 Mbps of download speed.

Good to know that your problem has been resolved. Could you tell us the Data Rate (Downstream and Upstream) as well as Attainable Rate (Downstream and Upstream) being reflected in your ADSL Modem status page. I am asking you these values because even I have upgraded my plan to 8 Mbps but I am unable to reach beyond 6.8 Mbps. My Data Rates are 8159 (Downstream) and 856 (Upstream). It seems that everyone is getting some random Data Rate values here, and the speeds actually depend upon these values. I do not know why they (MTNL guys) do it like this. I suppose, you must be having the Data Rate of about 9400 (Downstream) or above, that is why you are getting 8.1 Mbps of download speed.
My datarate atm is 861 upstream and 9213 downstream.

Attainable rate at my current modem settings is 2101 upstream and 16860 downstream.

Other thing is that i am seriously giving second thoughts to my current plan as it is giving me various connection related issues like disconnections, YouTube not playing properly, connection time out etc. I am in dilemma nowadays whether there is something wrong with my line or should i downgrade to 1 mbps unlimited plan.

My datarate atm is 861 upstream and 9213 downstream.

Attainable rate at my current modem settings is 2101 upstream and 16860 downstream.

Other thing is that i am seriously giving second thoughts to my current plan as it is giving me various connection related issues like disconnections, YouTube not playing properly, connection time out etc. I am in dilemma nowadays whether there is something wrong with my line or should i downgrade to 1 mbps unlimited plan.

I am also facing connection issues from last 2 weeks..... there is one more weird issue.... adsl and link lights are constant still the net doesn't work.... in diagnostics test it shows ping default gateway fail! .... bcoz of this every time i have to restart the modem 🙁

PS: there is no problem in modem bcoz i have tried using different modems and issue still persists

(My current post has a lot of references to my old post in this thread only. Pls read that before reading this to understand the whole story) Changed back to 8 Mbps from 2Mbps. I don't think that I have got the new line yet. But, youtube is running 720p very easily.
Torrent still stuck 200kbps. I dont know how they changed my plan before the start of the month. Weird.
Also, I think I should get that 'profile' thing changed as the lady told me. / Recreate my broadband port as stated in this thread. Whatever. Need to get this done ASAP!

Called 1504 thrice today. My third call was partially a success. The guy at the other end was very polite and could talk properly about the technical stuff. He confirmed the fact that my profile has not been changed. He said that plan has been activated but they have still not received the request from sec-6 dwarka exchange to change the profile. He asked me to visit the commercial officer tomorrow and make her send the mail. I think his name was sudeep or sandeep mishra. A well learned and decent guy who actually helped unlike other who made random shit excuses.

Went to Sec- 6, Dwarka(Delhi) exchange today. Had a 20 min chat with the Area Manager, Rajesh.
Motive was to make him send a mail to backend to change my profile to 8Mbps from 2Mbps (Which he didnt) (Persuaded his PA to atleast give me 4Mbps profile, which he did and hence now have change my plan to 4 Mbps. Not happy with it as this also has only 50 GB)
Says that my DSL will break. 🙁

P.P.S : Another interesting fact is that it has internally been ordered that 65% of the landline and 70% of the broadband complaints have to be solved daily, which has obviously not been achieved. The CMD called the area manager on his phone and thrashed him.

Simple reminder that 4mbps plan is 100bucks cheaper than 8mbps plan.