MTNL speed fluctuations , help!

• Thread starter Thread starter payne99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,921

payne99

ISP
MTNL Broadband
Hi people,I am a user of MTNL broadband plan 599U from Delhi. Recently i am facing problems with my MTNL internet speeds. The speed comes for 10-15 seconds then, goes to 0. The process keeps on repeating after every 10-15 seconds. When i open a web page ,it keeps on loading for 10-15 seconds until the speed comes back, similarly, when i click on a link, it takes same time to open. When i download via torrent, the download speed comes for same duration and then vanishes. The lights in my modem (450TC1) dont go off. The lights are fine. I am very much bothered by this problem, please suggest a solution.

Line stats please. X

Snr margin :downstream 19.3db, upstream 12.4dbline attenuation: downstream 42.0db , upstream 29.7dbdata rate 576 kbps downstream, 509 kbps upstreamattainable rate : 3776 kbps downstream, 1149 kbps upstream

Start. Run. Type cmd

Once the command prompt opens type the following

ping www.google.com -t

And paste the output

Reply from 74.125.236.50: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=56{Request timed out 4-5 times in between}

Hmm, seems like either your modem has some issue, or your line is damaged, I'm more inclined to believe that your line has some damage because of the high attenuation. Get it changed.

Thanks, can you tell me how much should the MTNL guys charge me for changing the line, also should i buy my own wire which is better than MTNL's wire or their wire is fine?

my own house@anant.del i called mtnl, the guy told me to change some settings, still having problems..@dragon5677 yes this problem never happened before