MTNL server time

• Thread starter Thread starter sam909
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,582
hmmm..., nothing like this in delhi, mtnl's server clock is still about 20 mins ahead of my pc clock which is synchronized with time.nist.gov .i checked it this morning only.

Originally posted by mystery_inc18@Mar 6 2006, 12:58 AM
hmmm..., nothing like this in delhi, mtnl's server clock is still about 20 mins ahead of my pc clock which is synchronized with  time.nist.gov .i checked it this morning only.
[snapback]43730[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ya!!!
Jus confirmed it 2day morn...
B)

why is MTNL doing this? Maybe to throw our automatic schedules out of whack.and hence charge for downloads partially which occured in NU time..how hard could it be to set it at IST and keep it there??

^^exactly!!also, if u guys have noticed when u disconnect/connect simultaneously, ur logout time will be after the next login time...seems they're using 2 clocks 😱

ya i noticed that too, it has happened with me 2 or 3 times but not everytime

yup, the calculations are correct , MTNL servers are indeed 15-20 mins ahead.I dont think its intentional...just another example of how these sarkari companies function..too lazy to correct it most probably.

has anyone noticed that MTNL Delhi server's time is also now in sync with IST...u guys can check and tell what you find...

yup, coolbuddy is correct, i jus checked and actually its about a few secs behind IST now. And that the true IST, always late 😉 😛

Yeah !!!! Time in Delhi servers are also in sync now. So, no more calculations of 20 mins ahead and all tht crap. But still fingers crossed, its MTNL, u never know 😛