MTNL selling ADSL splitter to computer and IT shops.

ranjha.kahlon

ISP
Airtel
Today i went to buy ADSL splitter and I was shocked to see that all shops are selling MTNL ADSL splitter. One of the shop keeper said that he doesnt have them but will get them for MTNL exchange in bulk tomorrow. SARKARI LOG can make money from anywhere.

all r thieves and lazy bastards

MTNL revenues are in dire state. Babus are using other means to monetize by selling splitters to vendors. "MTNL hai to sahi hai" vendors are now saying this.

I had problem with MTNL broadband earlier, unstable connection. The main reason given was the distance of the exchange. Once, a lineman came and said that the problem was with the ADSL splitter that I was using. He said he will give one MTNL splitter and later took 200/- from me. 100/- for the splitter and 100/- for rickshaw charges. I was so sick of connection in those days, I did not feel like arguing with him.MTNL employees are its biggest enemies (as is the case with Air India and many other PSUs). As somebody had pointed out earlier, they give contact number of prospective customers to airtel, without giving MTNL landline/broadband connections.

Best option is that dont let lineman know you use the landline for internet.If the line is faulty keep complaining it on 1500 as if you just use it for voice and keep getting disturbance.Dont pay them single paisa or else they will create problem and demand money. If the complain is not colsed in 5 days, mtnl will ask the lineman for an answer.Only patience is needed. In those trouble days use a 3G or 2G based solution for internet.

Best option is that dont let lineman know you use the landline for internet.

I had a lot of problem with MTNL connection, both landline and broadband. I had taken my complaints right up to the GM. Every time, the problems were directed to the lineman. Fortunately, the problems are resolved now. Though, I don't get 2 Mbps as per the plan (I get 1.6-1.7 Mbps), I don't mind. This is better than the lineman fiddling with the connection and messing it up completely.