• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,488

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
hi guys, i am on MTNL 749 NU (DELHI).
I downloaded some stuff from 12 to 8 in morning! 12 to 6 was one session (mtnl default), and second session lasted 6 to 9 AM (forgot to switch off router at 7:50AM as I usually do!)
Now, in session history it shows 535.9MB downloaded, and i have been charged with 178.63 MB off my day usage! This has hurt me a lot and now, I am over 1300 MB! 🙁
I emailed helpdesk and got this response!

EMAIL 1:
I am using TRIB 749NU. Yesterday night i had about 241MB left in my account (TEL. NO. 26***).That was, after 12 AM (21 July, 2008).
I downloaded some files during the night and downloading continued
till 7:42 AM in the morning (IST). My computer SHUTDOWN at around 7:45 AM, but i forgot to switch off the router (DSL-502T) and switched it off at 9 AM (IST).
Now when i checked my account, it shows only 79 MB left!
This is not acceptable by any account. Please rectify the error and
creditmy account with the MB that were left the previous night
(241MB).

EMAIL 2 (the next day when no response received, CC to GM, BroadBand):
A whole working day is over and I didn't receive a reply neither a
confirmation from the helpdesk. This is no way of treating a customer.

EMAIL 3 (THEIR REPLY)
R/Sir,

The primary requirement of Night Free Plan is Switching off modem at 00
and 8.00 hours otherwise Customer will be charged on prorating basis

Thanks
With regards
MTNL Internet Helpdesk
T.No. 1504/22221504

MY REPLY TODAY (JUST NOW)
But in this way i have lost 161MB which I didn't use! This is not fair in any terms.
Sometimes customer does forget to switch off the router, but for this you cannot blame him/her. And this is the first time such a thing has happened to me in 3 years of connection!
Please consider this and credit my account with the MB's.
Kindly confirm whether you will be crediting 187312020.66 bytes= 178.63MB to my account or not?

What should I do now? I don't think they will credit my account with 178MB 🙁
Whom should i contact?

umm.. may be try contact GM.and try to use bridged mode from now on. that way ur internet session will close when u switch off comp itself.

i tried bridged mode once by following steps on broadband wiki, but it didn't work out for me and my internet stopped working! I panicked and then didn't try it again! Now i am not able to find the article on braodband wiki, and neither on the forum!🙁update: windows update though disabled download 108MB of updates to get the count over 1400MB 😢🙁I am gone!tried again the bridge mode!! didn't work!showed error when i connect that not found WAn Miniport!

Ok,,,,I used this modem quite some time back and still have it as a back up. I checked it and it has Telnet enabled. So you do not need to go the bridged route way (though it is a good way to manage your modem).

Try doing a telnet by running the following commands. Before you do that log into your modem and go to the Tools tab. Scroll down to Remote Telnet Management. Enable and enter the IP as 192.168.1.1 and Subnet as 255.255.255.255. Then run these commands:

Go to command prompt (Start -> Run and type: cmd).
Then type telnet in the Dos screen.
Then type open 192.168.1.1 23 (the first is the modem IP and after a space the port number).
Then type REBOOT. Some modems allow you to connect through port 23 some via 21 (try either one that works).

If this works, then you are good to go. Follow the instructions contained in this link: Telnet reboot

Cheers.....

Similar is my case for last month MTNL has charged Rs. 492 additional. I took a printout from website and got one from MTNL office - both were not getting tellied. It was some where aroung 140 to 160 rs. of additional usage but MTNL charged much higher then what it should be in actual. When dad visited to MTNL office they put additional usage in the sheet they generated (not the one available at MTNL Portal) and told that these are the additional usage which failed to reflect on line. But got no other option then to pay and keep connection up and running 😢 🙁

This is very wrong from MTNL part! Without any proof of usage how could they charge?Do they have any log for their line? tally with before paying! I think you can demand a copy from them in such cases!

u will get same copy as u get on their website. plus i dont think they will give u any copy.they will simply tell u to take printout on ur own from website.

they put additional usage in the sheet they generated (not the one available at MTNL Portal) and told that these are the additional usage which failed to reflect on line. 😢 🙁
how come they charge for this?