MTNL Rocks...with above 3 MBPS speed UNLIMITED Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter onenessboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 7,248
So this rs 4500 recharge for 6 months unlimited plan, is it only for the USB data stick or can I use this with a new mtnl 3g sim (dolphin I assume) for my HSDPA compatible mobile phone? In either case, how will I activate this plan? Some special coupon from Sanchar haat or just a simple recharge for the amount will be enough?

On their website I only see a rs 1650 plan for unlimited data (prepaid) in delhi 3G Prepaid

Yes you can use this in both USB stik or 3g capable mobile... recharge is to your mobile number 🙂 hence it works on usb or mobile capable of 3g..

the page reffred you will see only 1650 plan, instead click on datacard on mtnl delhi site page go to the bottom there you will see "regulaization of unlmited plans 4500 " details... got to belwo link and see at bottom..

http://mtnldelhi.in/dolphin/index.php/mobile/3g-services/3g-usb-datacard
try sancharhaat or paytm.com or rechargeguru.com for recharge of 4500...

Thanks for clearing that up onenessboy 🙂

----------

Alright, so didnt want to waste anymore time and got the new connection today only. The guy at sanchaarhaat didnt help me much with the 4500 plan though. Told me to wait for the connection to be activated first (should be done by tomm) and then worry about the plans and stuff. Cost me rs 150 (which included a rs 49 recharge card). Will be going back there once its activated. Hopefully I'll find this deal there.

Sorry about the double bump, but I just had a thought. I completely forgot that number portability is now available in India (stupid me). So why am I even bothering with a new connection? I'm currently using vodafone and while I dont have any real complaint about their service, there isnt really a point in having two different numbers (one for internet and another for phone calls) either. BUT, I'm not sure if I'm jumping the gun a bit too pre maturely here and really confused if I should do this or not. I havent even tested MTNL's call quality, reception etc in my area yet. And once I port the number, I'll be locked into MTNL for atleast 90 days (minimum waiting time before I can request another porting of the same number). Anyone wants to chime in and push me one way or the other? Is mtnl's performance when it comes to call quality and coverage good enough? In comparison to vodafone?

I too had vodafone number and MNPed to MTNL. The reason for porting is1. Call quality was very poor at my home and also at my place of work2. Wasnt able to get 3G from themI am not saying MTNL is good, they also have their issues but overall they are better than Vodafone.

Thanks bbfreak. I've requested for the MNP and got my UPC already. Will be visiting sanchaarhaat tomm and get the forms for porting the number over.[Long RANT Warning!!]What made my decision even more easier is that vodafone, for the first time in 5+years I've had the number, decided to charge an extra 100 bucks from my account yesterday. I didnt even notice it until now. When I called and asked them what was this charge for, they claimed it was coz I used their 2g data more than my plan allowed me. Simply ridiculous and flat out lies considering I've been using this service for last one week only and knew that the moment my downloads went over 20mb for any day, they'll start charging me @ 5p/10kb. So I have been constantly checking my data usages every couple of hours and it never went above 15 MB once in the last week. On days when it touched 15 mb, I just turned off edge from my mobile to make sure I wont be charged for overages. Still the idiots kept on claiming I've used more than 20 mb. When I asked for details, he told me my records show about 20 different transactions of 500 kb downloads and hence I clearly used it more than the allowed limit. WTF? 20x500kb is 10 MBs idiot. Obviously he didnt have any answer and told me that he'll transfer the call to some senior and put me on hold. After waiting for about 10 minutes, the call disconnected. Since I had now pretty much decided to port my number to mtnl anyways, I decided to see what happens if I call again and ask them how to port my number (even though I already knew how). Sure enough, they didnt tell me how. The cc rep told me I need to go to a vodafone store for MNP request hoping I'll never bother to waste my time going to the store, waiting in line and get the number ported. And he was kind of right. If I didnt want mtnl 3g this bad and going to the physical store was the only way to port a number, I'd probably have put it on my to-do list and never would have bothered to go through the trouble. Why now Voda? We were buddies for 5+ years and you just decided to make the breakup this ugly. We could have parted as good friends you know. Son, I am disappoint!!![/RANT!!]So, in the last one week I've discontinued with FUPtel as my broadband provider and vodafone as my mobile provider. I'm on a roll baby 😀