• Thread starter Thread starter sri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 19,364

sri

Regular
ISP
local ISP
As thread title says why aren't they launching this scheme as we have seen with other operators?All i can they are busy with their 3G schemes....

mtnl is late acting network .

i am wondering if their software wud support per second schemes 😀

They haven't improved their network quality yet for their existing customers.If they start per second billing, the network would be crippled due to the additional number of people opting for MTNL :iomg:.A recent article in TOI showed that MTNL has the poorest network quality compared to all the other network providers.

^^ I agree with you.But I think their tariff is also very low compared to other operators. So it would be of no use like I think they have some thing like 20p/Video calls/Voice Calls and if they introduce per second plans then the cost would rise for the user (if they keep it 1p/sec).

mtnl is late acting network .

I second that..they recently launched some sms scheme when private operators had this scheme for years..:rofl:

----------

^^ I agree with you.

But I think their tariff is also very low compared to other operators. So it would be of no use like I think they have some thing like 20p/Video calls/Voice Calls and if they introduce per second plans then the cost would rise for the user (if they keep it 1p/sec).

That 20ps/min is valid if you pruchase some recharge voucher that too for their own n/w when even airtel,VF are having some 30ps/scheme....so i don't think it would be much of an issue..

----------

i am wondering if their software wud support per second schemes 😀

Thats one good point made..:thumb:

But I think their tariff is also very low compared to other operators. So it would be of no use like I think they have some thing like 20p/Video calls/Voice Calls and if they introduce per second plans then the cost would rise for the user (if they keep it 1p/sec).

As sri pointed out that 10p/min is available only after purchasing recharge vouchers and is valid only on MTNL network.

As such the cost of local calls is 90p/min which is quite high compared to other operators.

The only reason why I'm still using MTNL is that you get more value of talk time than you actually pay for. But does it offset the high call charges or not is still a question for me.

As sri pointed out that 10p/min is available only after purchasing recharge vouchers and is valid only on MTNL network.

As such the cost of local calls is 90p/min which is quite high compared to other operators.

The only reason why I'm still using MTNL is that you get more value of talk time than you actually pay for. But does it offset the high call charges or not is still a question for me.

Me too having trump conn apart from VF....The recharge voucher is highly priced&doesn't make sense when othe operators have RCV for less denominations which lets you make call at50ps/min...:cool2:

Me too having trump conn apart from VF....The recharge voucher is highly priced&doesn't make sense when othe operators have RCV for less denominations which lets you make call at50ps/min...:cool2:

for a recharge of 225/- mtnl offer 250/- (i dont see any operator doin this) this is not much advertised by mtnl babus
they should lowers the tariff atleast for local calls ( when compared to others )

Here's an update to this thread...i don't know how much of this is truth...I had gone to my nearby exchange to enquire about BB service...After enquring about rates,i saw one trump executive who takes forms for trump connection talking to colleagues...i asked him sir why isn't the scheme being launched,he said MTNL has one of the most few subscribers of all operators,by launching this sceheme we will earn nonthing...😕I was bit surprised when he said this&also he said for implementing it has to pass through all higher officials until we get theri nod we won't be coming with any scheme...It will get launched in coming few mnths...:isleep:

^MTNL is the only operator in Mumbai which has negative customer growth (came in an edition of TOI).So that Trump executive's point stands valid.By the way just wait for number portability (31st Dec 2009) to come in. Then you can comfortably dump Trump for some other operator :wewin:.

They want to exploit customers much as they can before the launch of MNP.MTNL is so pathetic that even if you stand below the tower...the network is bad.Wont be surprised if they have 0 subscribers after MNP.:rofl:

^MTNL is the only operator in Mumbai which has negative customer growth (came in an edition of TOI).

So that Trump executive's point stands valid.

By the way just wait for number portability (31st Dec 2009) to come in. Then you can comfortably dump Trump for some other operator :wewin:.

Will defintely dump trump after MNP..As TRAI has made it charges very affordable for rs 19/-:thumbsup:

Me thinking of going for reliance since they have some good plans for prepaid subscribers...🙂

Will defintely dump trump after MNP..As TRAI has made it charges very affordable for rs 19/-:thumbsup:

Me thinking of going for reliance since they have some good plans for prepaid subscribers...🙂

reliance gsm network is pathetic here atleat in delhi . no calls get connected during peak hours it will say "" all route busy"' remind me of landline era