MTNL -NU849 V/s 512 kbps unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter sumit4u13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,885

sumit4u13

ISP
pacenet
Which plan should i opt 1. I want to download around 30-40 Gb a month(games and movies)2. Browsing for 3-4 hrs a day( without any download)which will be economical??????????😕😕

one thing i hope you know is that browser also means downloading. a typical webpage can range from few KBs to a couple of megabytes. a youtube video can eat up 10-20 megabytes. if you do not want to take the chance of landing with a huge bill, stick to UL. if you can manage your downloads and stay within the limits, take the faster non-UL pack.

If you really want to download 30-40 gb then you should surely go for 849 plan but you will have to sacrifice or reduce your surfing during day time cause its limit is only 1 Gb or something. With unlimited you won't have any tension about bill but you will sacrifice on your speed, so the choice is really yours. I would have personally gone with Unlimited plan.

Go for 849NU plan. I was on that plan for quite some time and found the speeds quite good(arond 170-200kbps download speeds). I have now switched to 256UNLTD but speed difference is drastically low (max 30kbps download speeds). I am thinking of switching plans again from next month.

Go for 849NU plan. I was on that plan for quite some time and found the speeds quite good(arond 170-200kbps download speeds). I have now switched to 256UNLTD but speed difference is drastically low (max 30kbps download speeds). I am thinking of switching plans again from next month.
Is there any good reason why you want to switch plans only next month?
If this plan doesn't work for you, why don't you switch ASAP?

I recommend 849NU, Schedule your downloads for night and limit your day surfing by avoiding videos and high resolution flash sites. In 849NU with Call rentals + modem rentals your bill might be around Rs 1200, provided you don't exceed your day time usage. I'm using 849NU, my monthly average download happens to be around 40 to 50 Gb (torrents & link-removed). If opted for 512 unlimited, your final bill amt may come around rs 1600 including service charges and all applicable rentals. Finally choice is yours.

Is there any good reason why you want to switch plans only next month?
If this plan doesn't work for you, why don't you switch ASAP?
"ASAP" doesn't work that way. You have to wait for the next billing cycle to change the plan.

In short if you take up any plan you will have to stick with it for 1 month anyhow.

thats not the case anymore..you can get your plan changed in the middle of a month..mtnl now allows u to do that

well, if you schedule browsing during the Free hours on 849 NU then go ahead and take it but in case you plan to surf at day hours then it's better to get the Unlimited plan..Since browsing for 3 or 4 hours will consume at least 40 to 50 MB.it will further increase once u start watching videos or listening to music online.one can easily download 30 to 40 GB using a 512 plan.i'm currently on 256 UL and i download my stuffs only during night.I end up consuming 25 to 30 GB a month so you can easily download 30 to 40 GB using 512 UL.

^^Are you sure you can download 30 to 40 GB of stuff with 512 UL a month with a speed of 55-60 kbps?

assuming a sync rate of 512 Kbps and actual download speed of 435 kbps (due to overhead) one can download abt 138 GB of data in one month if he keeps his connex running 24x7

"ASAP" doesn't work that way. You have to wait for the next billing cycle to change the plan.

In short if you take up any plan you will have to stick with it for 1 month anyhow.
No sir. It doesn't work that way. It is not easy to synchronize with billing cycle even if you want to. They will switch your plan when you call them on 1504 from the same landline. The switch may take upto 24 hours.
You must wait for their phone call to confirm the switch.
During the wait period between the day of your call to them and their confirmation call, I suggest you be conservative. What I mean is that you assume the worst case plan scenario when you use your internet.
For example, when you are shifting from unlimited to NU, you curtail your day usage the day you make the call. I also suggest you save the usage details page at the time when you get their confirmation call. This comes in handy if you have to convince them in case they screw up your billing.