MTNL NU: modem reboot or pppoe reconnect? n what is usage policy

• Thread starter Thread starter mailmaldi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,702

mailmaldi

ISP
Triband
I've been searching answers for these 2 questions for a few hours now and mtnl people certainly dont have a clue...1. for NU , do I have to reboot( re power) the modem at 12 & before 8 or will just disconnecting the pppoe session and reconnecting work?The difference is so that in latter scenario, i can change to bridged and use windows/linux pppoe dialers.2. What is download overflow policy if I forget to restart before 8 or after 12, the entire nights downloads counted???on 2mbps 1 night is 4GB odd!! thats Rs 4k a night!!!!3. register.mtnl seems hopeless & doesnt load at all, any other way to find mtnl server time and set my times accordingly?PS: i have a glb 502T modem & telnet doesnt have a reboot command, workarounds?

Simple solution: Search the forum instead of asking for spoon feeding. These issues are discussed ample no. of times before....................

humblest of apologies, but I did go thru a few stickies and searched a little bit before coming to the conclusion that I was unable to find specific answers I wanted. Hence the post.and .................. doesnt help, maybe a link to one of the posts or suggested search terms will................. is only a troll entry

Here is "yet" another reply. Hope in future someone reads this thread before asking the same question again! :rofl😡 mailmaldi... herez ur reply1. It is necessary to reboot at 12 and 8 AM. But its not necessary to switch on/off the router. You can do it with a script too. And in case u r using bridged mode, just disconnecting the dialer is also enough.2. Well... as per my experience, they don't charge for the entire download that has happened all throughout the night. Its calculated on some weird pro-rata basis. But its always safe to disconnect before 8. You can never trust MTNL!3. For me... i reboot at 12:05 AM and 7:50 AM... and I am not charged even a single buck. And my system time is synced with time.windows.com. Hope this solved all ur queries!

thanks a lot for your reply..really helps...also a mtnl "technician" confirms what u have posted.