MTNL Net Problem from Last 10 days

• Thread starter Thread starter Vatu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 7,052
no no i didnt mean to ask for ur modem name.. i was just exclaiming, seeing so many modulation options!

@ essbebe

Here is the Screenshot of status:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet
Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-xx-xx-xx-xx
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3021:5c45:f38a:c3b%8(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 59.179.243.70
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

@/vatu/1. :click modem status on left. Interested in SNR/ATTN mod selected line speed etc From Index what info we get ?2.Change the DNS servers to OPENDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222( In the modem and in TCP/IP properties ).You seem to be using VISTA OS.3.Disable IPV64. NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled Change to default.Break one hour !

Click Modem status and post that page. it shud show GDMT

After Long Disccusion with Customer Care. They told me to make some change in settings all n all. And after that they said that there is Problem in The Modem. So after 10 days finally they know the problem 😛

@/vatu/ So user/s who see this thread will never know what was wrong with the modem or in your computer settings.Bye.

Yes U r right Same here. I don,t know whats the problem

i doubt its modem problem though. the way pinging was happening it looks more like ADSL problem.(unless its caused by modem)

Now a Guys Comes from MTNL.

He Said. Everything is Fine. Ping Chale ya na chale NEt chalna Chahiye. thodha Bahut band hota hai

Instead of creating a new thread, i though its better to post it here in a similar thread.

From the past two days, i'm experiencing extreme SNR Margins.

Normally my downstream SNR Margin stays fixed at 42.0db, but from the past 2 days, it is fluctuating at extreme rates between 1.0db - 40.0db.

because of this i'm experiencing very frequest disconnections and sometimes no internet at all.

Called the CC, since everything is working fine in front of them, they can't help.

Could this be a problem with my telephone lines outside my house?

I stay in Geetanjali Enclave, Near Malviya Nagar. If somebody has out local area's lineman contact details, then maybe i can call him up and ask him to check my lines.

hi guys, could somthing be done about this ^^^?