MTNL Mumbai's latest 'offering'

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 6,058
They have 256 kbps to 2 Mbps 50 GB for 4k and 2 Mbps unlimited for 5 k. Am I missing something?

you are missing 1000Rs here 😀

@Daddycool .. admin upgraded something and "Like" feature is lost from everywhere. if likes cud be converted to Rupees I wud have sued admin for loss of money 😀

well amish is one santusht (satisfied) being..give any discount to him... be it 25 rupees and he relishes it..its not for nothing that i call him gandhi of the internet age.

LOL.. i knew Gandhi word wud be there in statement when i read word "santusht" and it was there.yes i am happy with anything...i dont demand more...because from MTNL i am getting what i want at price which i find reasonable currently. i download 6-7 GB a month at abt 395Rs..is quite reasonable.and abt savings... 25Rs or 25000Rs...its just matter of perception... for some even saving 25000 doesnt matter.. for some saving 25Rs is also satisfactory. some may be simply throwing away 25000 down the drain ..some may be donating that additional 25Rs saved.now consider this.. earlier MTNL used to charge 600Rs for installation and 800Rs modem.. if this scheme was launched that time... everyone wud have gone WOW.while items that u r getting for free are same.. its only that they were priced higher earlier... so no its not money that u shud always see.

Looks like this offering was 'v successful' as its been removed from the site today even before the month is over. :isleep: 🙄 We can always hope for something better fr the new year. Got an email from them that 'MTNL MUMBAI BROADBAND CUSTOMER BASE HAS CROSSED 5 LAKH'. Hope they will reduced the rates or increase the DL speeds in celebrations. 😀

UPDATE 18-12-2010: NO one seems to have noticed till now that this plan DSL 599 does not exist '##Existing DSL_599 and DSL_749 plans are revised with a reduction of Rs. 1/- and introduced as DSL_598 and DSL_748 respectively w.e.f.01/05/2010'
lol its been renamed DSL 598 in May 2010 itself.

Looks like this offering was 'v successful' as its been removed from the site today even before the month is over. :isleep: 🙄 We can always hope for something better fr the new year. Got an email from them that 'MTNL MUMBAI BROADBAND CUSTOMER BASE HAS CROSSED 5 LAKH'. Hope they will reduced the rates or increase the DL speeds in celebrations. 😀

UPDATE 18-12-2010: NO one seems to have noticed till now that this plan DSL 599 does not exist '##Existing DSL_599 and DSL_749 plans are revised with a reduction of Rs. 1/- and introduced as DSL_598 and DSL_748 respectively w.e.f.01/05/2010'
lol its been renamed DSL 598 in May 2010 itself.

WRT your Update of 18-12 it looks like the left hand in MTNL does not know what the right hand is doing 🙂

DSL Unlimited 599 plan is there.

MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans

lol I think you have not followed the whole thread the UL 599 is not the one in dispute its the DSL 599 which has now been renamed DSL 598 (you can see this mentioned in the same link you have put in your post, also mentioned by socrates) but the babus in MTNL seemed to have forgotten that and made the announcement then, about a DSL 599 plan