MTNL Mumbai: Rs. 999 for Unlimited Data (3 Months Promotional Plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 196
  • Views Views 36,936
Upload speed 384kbps on old ageing network. mtnl ki koi bhi service lelo upload speed nahi sudhregi stands true for delhi.

Wonder when we will get high speed net cheap on wired BB (unlimited) :\

Good but still not the best. We have Unlimited Internet on Triband(which I have currently) at even lower price. Some as low as Rs. 550. At 999(basically 1000 bucks) with more or less same speed as wired, it is not a good offer considering the unreliable nature of 3G signals in India, random bandwidth drops, etc. Still an ok move by MTNL but not a rocking one. Want to see this around 450-600 range OR current price with more Validity period(2-3 month per recharge minimum) to be given serious consideration.

^^ not happening. and i hope nobody offers any crazy ass plans on wireless! in any case with consolidation begining in the sector we should expect rates to go up not down. 20-30% jump shoudl be normal.

Its demand and supply. Now with 4G coming(lets keep India not ready for it aside for the moment), the prices of 3G will be pressed lower not higher. 2G will go even lower. Same thing happened with calling rates, gprs, etc when more players came in. Problem with MTNL is not rates per se but speeds. They are still stuck @3Mbps(theoritical) speeds which is HSPA, and thus I said that rates must be lower given their current speeds. Ofcourse if MTNL was giving 10-15-21 MBPS (HSPA+) speeds then I will not complain even @999 🙂

just in case you did not notice. edge did not become cheaper with the arrival of 3g. in fact, prices have gone high in the last couple of months.

Back in bussiness baby...4Mbps UL at 999...sounds good to me...FYI... still shows that i have 157GB left...