MTNL Mumbai: Rs. 999 for Unlimited Data (3 Months Promotional Plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 196
  • Views Views 36,943
vfm plan by mtnl they should make this plan permanent after promotional period is over. speeds are pretty decent during the day but touches 4.5 mbps after midnight so im able to download large files within 4-5 hours.

"Promotional Offer of 90 days, Offer valied from 22-02-2014 to 22-05-2014"
Does this mean that even if I took the connection on the 10th of March, it would still be valid only upto 22nd May 2014? Thanks
Aside Vidyut - 4.5 mbps is not bad at all.

Lol.. Yeah. Recharge is valid for one month. Offer is for three months. That means this recharge is available till 22 may as of now

AbhishekS said:
If you take it on 10th March it will be valid till 9th April.
Thanks AbhishekS & xerxes. I was considering taking it for the whole 3 months period of the offer.
Which is a better option for downloads in your opinion? Fixed Broadband at Rs.800/-(Incl of tax)

OR Wireless Broadband(3G) at Rs.999/-(Incl of tax)

In Mumbai, the maximum theoretical speed is 3.6 Mbps. But actual max speed is 2.2 Mbps only. Which means download speed of 250-290 kBps.

Not a bad deal at all. But I have had my share of speed troubles during daytime. So I will pass this offer.

if you have strong coverage of 3G then unlimited is better for 999. only thing is that it would such the battery a lot in case you plan to tether it to lappy or something.

Can you tell me what average speed could you get on MTNL 3g jadoo? I'm planning to use it as it is unlimited. If it is 200KBps avg, then I would certainly give it a chance.

ace said:
Aside Vidyut - 4.5 mbps is not bad at all.
its good only on bsnl network and not in mtnl. in mtnl network i have never seen speed above 1mbps. for the past couple of days speed is constant 6mbps after 2 am here in pune bsnl network. mtnl/bsnl have nasty disconnection problems so make sure you use ReConnect by nToolz for complete peace of mind.

V0LCANO619 said:
USB tethering!!
since i use usb dongle that is not an option for me. so i have to use third party tool for connection stability.

Could you please tell me, what avg speed could I get in daytime and nighttime in Mumbai? I didn't understand what do you mean by MTNL gives good speed in bsnl coverage. My brother got MTNL 3G enabled trump sim card yesterday, it is yet to be activated. If it gives good speed I could also buy one.

Michael clarke fan said:
Could you please tell me, what avg speed could I get in daytime and nighttime in Mumbai? I didn't understand what do you mean by MTNL gives good speed in bsnl coverage. My brother got MTNL 3G enabled trump sim card yesterday, it is yet to be activated. If it gives good speed I could also buy one.
Better get that card and test it in your region..to get a good hold..

In Mumbai and Delhi ie MTNL network, the speed will be around 2-2.5mbps. While roaming on BANK (outside Mumbai and Delhi), uii can expect higher speeds as bsnl has a faster network.

In short, in Mumbai you can expect 2-2.5 Mbps on mtnl3G.

Michael clarke fan said:
1-2 Mbps during daytime (Expect many people to take this offer and congest the network) 😛
2.2 Mbps steady at night.