• Thread starter Thread starter max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,361

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
I've got a 590 NU connection. Its generally on 24x7 for the past 1 year or so. I didn't have any problems till a few weeks back. The connection started disconnecting every few minutes and this has gotten irritating. My connection falls under the Versova exchange. I've tried complaining to 1504. I personally went to the exchange and met the DGM. Hopefully my problem will be solved.Also my line has a lot of disturbance. This is because of a joint where the line enters my house. It was never an issue but now I think this too might be contributing to the problem.Anybody have any ideas / experiences / numbers ( of key MTNL personnel ) to share who can solve my problem????

Max post your ADSL modem stats such as SNR margin, attenuation, sync speeds etc..Since your facing line disturbance, go to local MTNL wireman of your area and tell him about line disturbances your r getting.Just see he could help u out by diverting your faulty line.Try connecting line directly from building DP box to your modem without any breaks in your line and check whether u r getting any problems..Also ensure to disconnect if any parallel lines r there in your home while carrying out test..🙂

You are going to face "Internet port problem". In which the DSLAM port at the exchange is going to fail .then u have to make terrible follow ups.Its a very big procedure. IF u r able to convince the SD in ur exchange about to change in the internet port its well and good. Else they will first come to check ur line.Then they will do the port change.It takes about 1 week to do so. Now u must be facing freq disconnections , as days pass on...u will face timely disconnection. say ADSL light stables only for 1 minute then again blink.😢. 🙁After 1 week u will get the light stable but then as the internet port have changed. (thats hardware change) they will forget to "Port bind" it.:wall:and u will not be able to browse.but then its very simple.The exchange checks the port binding complaints automat... after every 2 hrs.When ever u call 1504 u speak to option 3(tech support). those boys are really helpfull and speak in marathi.they will help u.