MTNL Mumbai Launches Xpress Unlimited Broadband Plans With 2Mbps Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter pujaari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 13,736
Tried calling MTNL aunty to migrate to Unlimited 600, currently on DSL_Unlimited_599.

She tells me migration is not allowed?

Its always better to write an application and drop it at nearest CSC in these cases. Atleast people sitting at CSC are very much sensible .

Can anyone throw light on point (4) in the pic below? I cant seem to find 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan ' on their site

Customers who want Xpress plan alongwith their existing Landline plan may choose Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan whose monthly charges & download speed is same as Xpress combo unlimited plan.

https://i.imgur.com/DpIjE.jpg

Can anyone throw light on point (4) in the pic below? I cant seem to find 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan ' on their site

https://i.imgur.com/DpIjE.jpg

It means that it isn't necessary that you have to get a seperate telephone connection. You can use it with your existing line.

can we change the internet plan in the middle of the month?
ya u can. u will be charged on a pro rated basis though.

It means that it isn't necessary that you have to get a seperate telephone connection. You can use it with your existing line.

Thanks. But I dont think thats the meaning being communicated, it says
Customers who want Xpress plan alongwith their existing Landline plan may choose Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan whose monthly charges & download speed is same as Xpress combo unlimited plan.

So what they are trying to say is that customers who want plans just like the 'Xpress_Unlimited_Combo' plan but DON'T want to change their existing tel plan (not broadband plan) can get it thru what they call 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan', which offer the same charges & DL speeds as the combo plan. What I am asking is, if anyone has taken to this so called 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan' as its not visible on their site. 😀

Thanks. But I dont think thats the meaning being communicated, it saysSo what they are trying to say is that customers who want plans just like the 'Xpress_Unlimited_Combo' plan but DON'T want to change their existing tel plan (not broadband plan) can get it thru what they call 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan', which offer the same charges & DL speeds as the combo plan. What I am asking is, if anyone has taken to this so called 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan' as its not visible on their site. 😀
Yes I think you have summed it up well but I have not taken that plan but the 600 Xpress combo looks interesting but will have to check what my consumption is as this plan counts thru put ie DL + UL for billing. 🙂

Thanks. But I dont think thats the meaning being communicated, it saysSo what they are trying to say is that customers who want plans just like the 'Xpress_Unlimited_Combo' plan but DON'T want to change their existing tel plan (not broadband plan) can get it thru what they call 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan', which offer the same charges & DL speeds as the combo plan. What I am asking is, if anyone has taken to this so called 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan' as its not visible on their site. 😀
yes you are right. I am on this plan right now.and the plan is there on their site.

yes you are right. I am on this plan right now.and the plan is there on their site.

I can see the 'Xpress_Unlimited_Combo' but not the 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan' which they say is also available.

I cant see any 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan' on their site, which offer the same charges & DL speeds as the combo plan. maybe you will have to ring up 1500 & speak to MTNL Aunty 😀. Best of luck for that. I was looking here ​Unlimited Plans

I can see the 'Xpress_Unlimited_Combo' but not the 'Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan' which they say is also available.

Xpress_Unlimited_Combo and Xpress_Unlimited_NonCombo plan are same with regard to internet speed and data usage.
In Combo your telephone plan will change to Rs. 1/- per pulse (as per Landline 250 plan).
While in Non Combo your telephone plan remains the same as your current existing one.
So if you want to change your telephone plan to Landline 250 plan then choose Combo.
If you want your telephone plan to remain the same then choose Non Combo.

Already on 250 tel plan so might go in for 'Xpress_Unlimited_Combo' soon. 🙂
@kreacher10 If MTNL Aunty cannot do the needful I can always walk down to the exchange & get my work done. I normally do that as I find it less exhausting 😀

Has MTNL Delhi started traffic Shapping ?Since 5 Days i can't get Past 20Kb/S on a 2 MBPS planEdit : i Mean on Torrents . On normal Http Downloads getting the Usual 1.8Mbps

I rang up 1500 today around 9 am & spoke to the call center rep. I was surprised by the professional way she handled the call in fact she seemed well informed as she told me that the Xpress Combo Unlimited 600 is also available as a non combo while retaining ones existing tel plan. I told her I was sure of wanting the combo plan. At 11.15 am I get a call back call to verify the change. And now (1820hrs) when I log in I have an email confirming the change so I log in to my a/c on the 'register' site & see the change has come into affect & my speed has been synced correctly. :clapping:A pleasant surprise. I now hope they get the billing & Download+Upload metering correct.