MTNL Mumbai Launches Xpress Unlimited Broadband Plans With 2Mbps Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter pujaari
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 13,734
I have 1599 plan so I get download speeds of 95Kbps during daytime whereas the speeds have been rated as 1Mbps. So, theoretically, you should be getting around 45kbps. This speed is what I was asking about 😛

Besides, sanke1, do you have any views about this thread of mine:
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/75213-not-getting-2-mbps-6pm/
You are confusing between bits and bytes.
512 kbps is 512 kilobits per second and that is what sanke1 is getting. What you are getting seems to be 95 kilobytes per secon which is conventionally written as 95 kBps. Note the difference between b and B. A byte consists of 8 bits. Now you go calculate.

I was on 1599 unlimited plan, changed to the new 1500 combo plan. Since the change, I'm not able to download or update apps from Appstore and open several websites. Most of the apps can not access internet from iPhone/iPad. Even this website opened after several refreshes. The speed is also not as promised (1.71 MBps download speed). Speedtest.net take quite a lot of time to open. I can not access this forum with Tapatalk, over Wi Fi from my phone. I'm seriously considering going back to 1599 unlimited plan. What is the use of 2 MBps when I don't get the speed and can not visit sites?Is anybody else also facing this problem.

I got the 750/15gb plan, 2 days I got nice speed (1.8ish), now from yesterday speed has dropped to 512... I checked and total download has been 7/8 gb only yet and that too today , when they decreased speed yesterday I had only 6 gb downloaded net ???

I was on 1599 unlimited plan, changed to the new 1500 combo plan. Since the change, I'm not able to download or update apps from Appstore and open several websites. Most of the apps can not access internet from iPhone/iPad. Even this website opened after several refreshes. The speed is also not as promised (1.71 MBps download speed). Speedtest.net take quite a lot of time to open. I can not access this forum with Tapatalk, over Wi Fi from my phone. I'm seriously considering going back to 1599 unlimited plan. What is the use of 2 MBps when I don't get the speed and can not visit sites?

Is anybody else also facing this problem.

MTNL DNS issue. Manually set DNS servers as 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 either in windows or in modem.
problem solved

I got the 750/15gb plan, 2 days I got nice speed (1.8ish), now from yesterday speed has dropped to 512... I checked and total download has been 7/8 gb only yet and that too today , when they decreased speed yesterday I had only 6 gb downloaded net ???

Call 1504 aunties and explain the problem. It is this $hit that I am very happy with my current 888 UL plan.

MTNL DNS issue. Manually set DNS servers as 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 either in windows or in modem.
problem solved.
Thank you very much dude. I really had a tough time explaining the problem to uncles/aunties. They kept on blaming the lineman for unstable line, while the line was stable all along.

I've entered DNS in network configuration of my laptop. Browsing/VPN/Outlook problems are solved. However, I need to enter them in my router, without which I can not access Appstore, Tapatalk and many more apps from iPhone.

Call 1504 aunties and explain the problem. It is this $hit that I am very happy with my current 888 UL plan.

well I did, they gave me another local no. I spoke to her she said if the problem is from her side it will sort out in an hour, still getting 512 only, I put up a complain in 1500 , their tech called 2/3 times, one lady even dared to say "it's in the plan that they will give anywhere between 256 to 2 Mbps !!!!"

Anyways still trying to fight, but looks in vain and soon I will reach 15 gb as it is by then.... I can't even change back to my old plan till next month...

Guys, anyone knows what is RENT-FREE LANDLINE written below those plans in the picture? Does it mean no 500rs. RENTAL for phone which I get every month?? That would be just WOW!